GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way said that there are 900 promises in "God's word"

year2027

God first

Ok friends here it goes

The Way said that there are 900 promises in "God's word" but are there really 900

What about 878 promises or 911 promises

Have they ever name all of the promises

The first would be love

then there would be life and death

then there be love

then there be ever lasting life or ever lasting death

then there be love

I believe love covers them all but it seems like the Way thinks each one is differ but are they or are they just differ ways love is put in action and the differ reasons

Now I would love to see a list if there is one or at least hear whether there one or not

with holy holy love of the true father-mother God and with a spiritual kiss of love Roy

The Way isn't the only ministry that says there are 900 promises of God. Years back when TWI was promoting it, I noticed in a couple christian bookstores that they had 7-8 and 900 promise type books for sale.

I have somewhere in a dark place, a copy of a research weekend in the mid '70s, when the ladies of The Way of Indiana did on 800+ promises. (It's in the dark because they copied them on a photo sensitive copy paper that darkens when they are exposed to more light.)

The promises are the simple ones that we as wayfers tend to take for granted, like: my peace I give to you, and walk in my love. There might be say 15 peace verses and 22 love verses, that would account for 37 promises of God.

The ladies did a really good peace of work and I've thought I'd like to copy it but I'm afraid the copy machine lights will destroy the origionals.

You might try looking in Christian bookstores, I'm sure they must still have such books.

At an Indiana Women's Advance in April of 1973 the theme was "Promises" --and each of us received a syllabus with nothing but promises outlined in the Word of God, with the scripture references. I kept it for decades, but eventually tossed it out and I wish I still had it. A great deal of it had to do with Old Testament law, and the promises of health and prosperity that came with adherance to it. Then of course there were a lot of scriptures outlined from the New Testament as well. The syllabus was a little less than half an inch thick, single sided and double spaced. It was put together by a group of women at The Way of Indiana.

So, at one time, a group of people did outline them. I don't remember the exact number of the promises in that syllabus, which was only handed out to the women at the advance in Indianapolis, but there were quite a few.

Women who taught at the advance:

Connie Emerson (before her divorce and subsequent later marriage to Panarello)

Stevie Kay Louis

Pat Lynn

I'm sure there were others-- it was a two day event, and Good Seed played. That's all I can remember.

But, yeah, there was documentation at some point.

Missed TWI in the 70s and most of the 80s. I can tell you we didn't hear much about the Promises of God under Craig in the 90s.

If we did, it usually ended up as condemnation. Something like "well, there are over 900 promises of God! How many are you living?" Really. They turned even THAT into a stick to hit people.

JT, that and the fact that we weren't good enough to receive any of the promises from God. I'm with you in having never learned much of the actual promises.

I still think some of those 900 are the same promise with different "qualifications" and hoops required to get them.