GreaseSpot Cafe

"Let My Life Tell The Sto-ree"

satori001

I've been thinking about Vic's God. Not the one he necessarily wrote about, but the God to whom Vic's own life was a witness. And it was a witness, for better or verse. Er, worse.

And then, what of the Craiglodyte (compare with troglodyte, I dunno, it just works for me)? And the Roselodyte? Other "leadership?" (That word "leadership" sounds more and more fascist to me, as I get older - and of course, it oughta, because at its heart, TWI was a little fascist -Wayschist?- cult.) Who are the gods of whom their assorted, sordid lifestyles testify?

Vic's God:

1. a respector of persons? definitely, with respect to TWI's spoiled-royal priesthood.

2. secretive? when it came to certain kinds of indiscretion, "lock box, baby!"

3. senses oriented? that depends - only if ego, booze and sex fall under that category

4. quick to anger? oh yeah, he could be more shrill than any drama queen

5. lecherous? he did love kids, didn't he? were they all "legal?" doesn't matter, this is the age of grace.

What is the rest of His story, as our former "leaders" told it, that is, with their lives?

Craig's (amplified) version of God was an angry and spiteful deity indeed, if his life was the witness he claimed.

What about Rosalie's almighty witness? Sneaky, maybe. Conniving. Not really the image most people might hold of the biblical God, but that's not what we're after.

We're going back in our minds and memories to do a meet and greet with the Creator, as revealed by the sermons we saw (rather than heard) from those illustrious Way leaders.

How did overall Way Corps behavior magnify the Lord, by the way? What sorta god (as revealed by their special form of "godliness") did the Corps present? What sort of god would make them (and we're referring to the stereotypical Corps here, not individuals who may have been exceptional) act that way? What sort of god fills the heart with arrogance, or cold-blooded indifference to others? Just wondering aloud, really.

Who is the God of the Way, as revealed by the walk of Way leaders?

Incestuous? Hmm. I think I know what you're driving at, but how did VP share that witness for his kids? No need to really get into it, unless you feel like it.

quote:
Originally posted by TheInvisibleDan:

Moloch? (for child sacrifice) -

Mammon the money-god?

The attributes of both absorbed into

the Wayshua deity Piafael.

Interesting. You mean, their lives aren't sign posts to the true biblical God, but of other gods? But that's not what they say! How can their mouths say one thing and their lives something else? It's just not possible. Why, that would make them hypocritical! You'd think others would notice, wouldn't you?

Then again, we did notice something like that.

One little side note.. I forget where this was, but some Rabbi (I think anyway) said that we do not worship the same god that our ancestors did. Before anybody could cry foul, he went on to say that God really has never changed, only our perception of God. A not too many hundreds of years ago, peoples god made the sun move around the earth. Today, people's God made and arranged the laws of motion and gravitation. Quite a difference!

This is a pretty interesting subject you bring up. It seems that people's perception of God is based largely on their personal knowledge and character.

So if they practice, if not promote, an anti-biblical lifestyle, why do so many bible hounds stick around? Only one reason I can think of: TWI has a monopoly on biblical research and the rightly divided God-breathed Word. Is that it?

Where else can you go for the truth, but to a bunch of liars who own the copyrights?

Kind of funny. You'd think God would be smarter than that.