GreaseSpot Cafe

Nostalgia (temporary digs)

ChattyKathy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathy,

Are we talking about a couple of guys with tool belts? On PBS?? Oh, probably not but I tried.

Now here's to test your memory. We don't have the old thread to refer back to so see if you remember what this was.. click HERE! You said that you liked it even though you weren't sure what it was from. And then I posted the answer. I bet everyone's forgotten!!

And here's a new one but... just the first few seconds which should be sufficient. It's a movie theme. And a fun movie at that. Well.. actually, there was more than one movie that used this theme. Click HERE!

sudo

P.S. The tune I posted yesterday was Jafar's Hour from Alladin. I have a buncha' Disney themes to post.

Geeze Kathy..

You sound like you're getting discouraged or something. We post tunes and themes from 100's of movies and no one expects anyone else to know 'em all. This ain't no big deal. The theme that sounded familiar to you and Wasway said had Weasally kids was Harry Potter. And the tune from the Russian composer was Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. Nice music, huh?

Which is something I like to do here. Post some tunes that I LOVE but are not maybe well known. Did I mention that I was a classically trained musician (French Horn) and went through Ole Miss on a band scholarship??

So here's two more.. One (click HERE!) from a Disney film you would surely know if I hadn't edited it. and the other (click HERE!) I'm not expecting anyone to know but it should at least SOUND familiar. And I'll give you these hints about what movie it came from...Leopold Stokowski was the conductor, Bach was the composer and the movie was made in 1940. Any help?? Maybe not, Kathy, but enjoy the selections!!

sudo

Guys..

Looks like my editing didn't stump ANY of you. So here's the complete version.. mp3... hope Lroom's up to it. icon_smile.gif:)--> Click HERE! for a happy song!!!

Hiway29...

Re:"Oliver Hardy never said "This is another fine mess"."

Break my heart guy. I just KNEW he said that. Musta' been another NICE mess he was saying.

sudo

There were several variations on the fine mess. At times this was a 'nice mess' 'another mess', and even 'a fine mess', but not once did Ollie say 'this is another fine mess you've gotten me into".

One of Laurel and Hardy;s films was titled "Another Fine Mess", which may have helped put it into the public awareness that he said that all the time.