GreaseSpot Cafe

The Mystery of Time and Space

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are like 9 levels in this game.

I've gotten through level 4.

In the first level, just keep clicking on stuff - everything! - until you find some things, and then try using those things in unusual ways.

You'll need the poster, a key, a screwdriver, and a screw

you need to take a pin from the flag and open the box to get the disk put disk in the puter and hit the keyboard or reboot the puter to get the code for the door.

Im in the room with the stairs and the locked door in the other room with the rotating tiles and head floating on the line what do I do with the tiles I got off the wall? and how do I unlock the door by the stairs?

MJ -- did you "rotate" the tiles on the floor?? Each click will move them 90 degrees, and you can make a line for the head to follow to the room you were in previously.

The right knob of the staircase "bannister" will raise the staircase, and then the tiles you retrieved from the "open room" fit underneath. Am at that point myself, and the chair in the corner moves too, but am not sure why.

The key (I think) is to place the tiles under the stairway, and align the lines so that the "head" can follow the lines to the top.

Despite frustration -- I'm havin a blast !! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Thanks CW!!

Oh----- use the empty floppy case to "trap" the head as it comes out of the "rat-hole". It gets saved for you to use later on - presumably to travel the staircase. Put the empty case at the rat hole opening, and the head will be caught.

Yep -- the tiles fit under the staircase. 3 tiles, and 3 slots. There is an "insertion point" under the stairs, but before you put the tiles in, study them well, to see WHAT LINES WILL MATCH THE ORIGINAL ROUTE the head followed from one rat hole to the other. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Once you put the tiles in, you can move them out by degrees so the lines match up. (head moves from right, to left.)

Once you move the tiles (under the staircase) so that the lines match up, put the "rat cage" with the head in it at the right of your screen, and it will travel the route, and unlock the door.

Now you are in another room, with a fireplace, cutting torch, pieces of metal, and another 2 or 3 doors. I've been in so many ficticious rooms, my head is swimming! icon_eek.gif

Am in the room now where you have to figure out a code on a control panel to open the door. Have 7 answers right, and Lord knows how many to go before it opens the door. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Ps -- grab a log from the fireplace, take it to the next room, put it on the big machine, it will light, take it back to the fire place, fire will light, and heat is on.

Finally got the code for the control panel by trial and error. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Ithink I am at level 7 or 8 now. Not sure. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Got past the room with the motorcycle in it -- finally! Am now in the room with all the pipes, in the "basement". Just copied the letter laying on the desk, was headed to the "snail mail" outbox to deliver it ----

AND MY ###@#&*^%$#@ COMPUTER FROZE UP ON ME

icon_mad.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

Had to re-boot. Hope it was not all lost. icon_frown.gif:(-->

CW -- the higher you get (level-wise), there are trapdoors all over the place that lead to other rooms, plus at least one elevator you have to power up for it to be functional. So far as I have seen, each trap-door leads to another room that you need to go to, to retrieve "stuff".

One trap door is under a rug (not sure which level that one is at), and clicking on floor tiles opens it up, but that one has no ladder underneath. Click on the fire hose on the wall to use as a ladder. Before you go down tho, you WILL need a flashlight, (light bulb from the bike, and batteries from the broken radio will fix the flashlight --which is behind the curtain on the wall).

Dmiller

ok Im still stuck trying to figure out how to put the tiles in order under the stairs !

Can you help what order do they go in? I know you said original pattern of heading rolling from rat trap to rat trap but just how do I place them in order under the stairs

1 2 3 slots I can get them in put the head in the box says it still needs more work...

I spent a couple hours last night getting to

the fire place rooms, got as far as lighting the fire and had to quit from pure exhaustion.

So this morning I wake up and and as I'm walking around my little apartment, I heard the music in my head icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Truth be told.... I can still hear it !!

Do I have to start from the beginning again

to finish?

And mj412 move the tiles a little until

some of the lines connect, you have to creat a path for rat head to follow.

MJ -- once you insert the tiles, you can move them incrementally (sp?) by clicking at the base of each tile, thus making a path from right to left for the head to follow. Make sure the right tile ends up connecting with the middle tile, and then make sure the middle tile connects with the left tile, forming a continuous line from left to right, that the head can follow.

This line will be "crooked", but if it is continuous, it will work.

good morning

ok

Im in the one with the three rooms the one with the fireplce and the door that is locked I got the metal piece from the door and the log from the fire place it has sofas and a table... the middle room has a picture with a hand that moves it back if you click on it and move it and the heater is set to 22 degree, and alamp and a rug.... then the third room has a machine I turn on and I put the metal part from the other room on the cutting machine and a cabinet .

I do not know what to do with this log I took from the fireplace and I have clicked the rugs ... stuck again beenhere two days already haha have mercy

Put the log on the machine and turn it on. The log will catch fire.

Put the log in the fireplace. The fire will start and the heater will shut off, and then the machine will be up to full power.

Put the triangle on the machine and turn it on.

Take the triangle pieces and put the small triangle in the bottom corner of the security pad and put the rest of the pieces into the security pad.