GreaseSpot Cafe

I don't care who reads this

Mister P-Mosh

Well, I've hid my identity in the case of WayGB here harassing innies that I know, but as time has gone on, I don't really care anymore what they do, because they can't touch me, and if any TWI leadership harass anyone I know because they are in contact with me, then the TWI leadership will reap what they sow. Anyway, I'll get on with telling a little bit about my life.

I first got into TWI as a very small child, about three years old or so. I don't remember a time before it, but I do remember the early days of TWI in my life as being around good happy people. They had some of the same beliefs as the churches my grandparents went to, but seemed to be a lot happier and more tightly knit. I would grow up with this image of TWI in my mind for many years.

After VPW died, I remember that I wasn't a big fan of LCM. I was very young, so who knows why, he just reminded me of Cobra Commander or something. He wasn't the warm grandfatherly leader that VPW seemed to be. However, the people I was surrounded by were good people and I liked them.

As I became a teenager, LCM became more paranoid and more evil. I first started feeling the effects of the corps becoming more dark hearted. In particular, a corps family I had known very well and cared a lot about, R&V Oxxxx had moved to Florida, and new corps came in. TWI had changed at this point for me, as our new leader, John Gxxxxxxxx was one of the new fascist corps leaders. This guy began a purge of many people, he had public confrontations of families. Our state was probably one of the largest in the country at the time, but he had singlehandedly M&A over half of the people in the branch. One divorce in particular that he had caused was messy, and I remember I was brought along to help carry the stuff out of the house of the guy that was staying in, while his wife panicked. She was having a panic attack at the time, which was bad enough that I mistook it for devil spirit posession. It was also during this time that the ROA was starting to go downhill and LCM would scream at everyone during the meetings, he become obsessed with homosexuals, accusations flew around of teenagers having big orgies at the ROA, and the "Bless Patrol" became a mandatory thing to do if I didn't want to scrub toilets.

In my youth, though, I thought this was actually a good thing. I thought that the purges really would protect us from devil spirits, and I thought that it cleaned things out. Some of the people who were kicked out of our fellowship (as my parents were HFCs at the time) I didn't like anyway, so it made sense for the most part. I was far in denial about the things I knew were bad, and just thought that we were in a rough patch that would eventually smooth out. In 1995, I took the advanced class and was there when LCM claimed that "the word was over the world." I was confused, but being at the AC, leadership explained and covered it and was harsh on our "old wineskins" of understanding of what WOW meant. I had a good time at the AC, met some nice people my age, and came back home gung ho for TWI.

At the ROA in 1995, LCM's .... hit the fan even harder, and this was the last year of the ROA. I was on bless patrol right outside the fountain of dead waters, and was mean to people who just wanted to go hang out there, especially if it was during a mandatory teaching session. After that, other people were becoming M&A that I knew, including some that I wasn't very comfortable with. The Corps leader that was in charge of my branch was reassigned, and we had J. Wxxx come in, who I think is a good guy, and was not a grand inquisitor like J. G. was. Although things settled down there with that, the pressure on debt was stronger, and my parents were being scrutinized strongly. They stopped running a home fellowship at some point around then because they had not finished paying off their house. Suprisingly, they were not told to sell it because with four kids, they couldn't rent anything at as low a rate as their mortgage, and they also were working on paying it off very quickly. Other people did sell their houses though, and live in somewhat run-down rentals to this day.

I had made a major change at this point, and moved into a house with other believers. There were some problems with us living together, so after a while I moved back into my parents house for a couple months, and then got a job at a local university. It was there that I started to meet other people in walks of life that I hadn't really known before, and other ways of thinking. I was in community college before that, so it wasn't exactly known for people coming from all over the world to attend. Anyway, I moved out into my own apartment and turned 21 and started drinking legally, but was not really an alcoholic. However this lifestyle change did affect who I hung out with and some other things in my social life.

Ultimately, I had wanted to leave TWI while I was working at the university, but the threat of M&A had caused me to not want to do it. I cared for my family too much to put pressure onto them and stress if I left. I did end up taking a job in GA, and mulled quitting TWI, but for some reason ended right back attending a home fellowship. I got along with a couple of the people, but we split, and I was left with people that I wasn't very close to, plus having a little LCM wannabe for my HFC. His pressure on me to either join the corps or go Way Disciple, plus the complaining about things I did, and the intense scrutiny any time I coughed or wanted to go out of town finally got to me. I started attending less and less fellowship meetings, going only when I was scheduled to teach or lead. Soon afterwards, I decided it wasn't worth it at all, and stopped going altogether. It was then that I stopped calling the HFC to tell him why I wouldn't attend his fellowship that night, and I didn't return his calls anymore. TWI leaders left calls on my home phone, work phone, and cellphone, but I didn't respond. They tried everything from being stern and like a drill sergeant to trying to be tender and acting hurt that I hadn't called back. This went up to the branch coordinator, down to the people I attended fellowship with. Some of them were good people, and there were a few in with me that I know wanted to quit, or at least find somewhere less restrictive.

Anyway, this was my story, at least for the parts pertaining to TWI. There were some major events I left out, such as the time I had to spend with my genetic father, who gave me as much hatred as my mother and stepfather gave me love. I left out the car accident I had where I should have died and how that changed my life. I left out the death of my grandfather which helped me clearly see that "God's plan" is a joke. I left out many other things that were fairly important as well, but this is all I feel like typing for now. If you have any questions, I'll address them here.

[This message was edited by Mister P-Mosh on December 03, 2002 at 13:52.]

Edited by Guest

Mister P-Mosh,

I hope by now you realize how many of us share so much in common with you.

Keep on sharing, on whatever subject, and don't worry if people don't agree with you.

Fact is, regardless of your view, there will be those who will relate.

Take care.

I too, appreciate your telling your story. I know it's not easy. I'm sorry that you and your family aren't free to enjoy each other as you all would like.

And, congrats to both you and your wife on getting married. I wish you alifetime full of loving each other as you do today.

I have been wanting to write something, but I didn't want innies that I know to end up being harassed by TWI for association with me, especially my relatives. I'm pretty sure that quite a few people who may read this site from the state I first mentioned can figure out who I am, and probably WC could too if they cross checked some of the info I listed. However, I didn't put all of my information, I'm not quite ready for that.

Mr. P-Mosh...

Your insight is wonderful. I got into TWI when I was 16, but it was my choice, not because my parents were involved.

I have always appreciated posts by you "kids" who were way-born and bred.

I wonder how many 2nd generation Wayfers still stand with TWI, especially the ones in their late teens and 20's who are out from under their parents' roofs? I'd bet money that it's less than half of those who were born into it.

Thanks again for sharing your story. I wish you all the best in life!

Hope R. color>size>face>

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now" - Stephen Stills

quote:
Originally posted by Hope R.:

I wonder how many 2nd generation Wayfers still stand with TWI, especially the ones in their late teens and 20's who are out from under their parents' roofs? I'd bet money that it's less than half of those who were born into it.

Pulling the statistics off the top of my head based on what I've seen, I'd say less than 5% for non-corps, and probably closer to 40% for corps. The main confusing thing though is how to distinguish this between parents who are still in TWI and those who are not. I was including both groups in my guess.

Thanks for sharing here Mr. P-Mosh.

I've got children your age, and sometimes wish I could rewind and undo some of the damage that was done to them by remaining in twi.

Keep posting, keep sharing, your an important part of the Cafe.

Oakspear

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

Thanks for sharing here Mr. P-Mosh.

I've got children your age, and sometimes wish I could rewind and undo some of the damage that was done to them by remaining in twi.

Oak,

I don't know you or your situation with your children that well, but I don't blame my parents for anything. Whether you were in TWI or not, I think that as long as you've done your best as a parent with the knowledge you had at the time, your kids shouldn't blame you for anything either.

Please tell me the John G was not John Guar__ _i

of the 11th Corps?

I grew up with him in the word. Joe the bro got me involved in 1972. I always wondered about John and it would be a tragic loss if he was the person that was that mean in his leadership.

I hope it was not. If so, I want you to know as a young teen of around 14 thru his being about 22 he was a real nice guy. TWI ruins people.

I am so sorry to you and for him if he has become that dedicated to the bad TWI ways.

Dot Matrix

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Mr. Posh...

You are a dear and have reminded me of some of the same reasons why we left.

I was at the ROA 95. Whew!! I would not to have want to been bless patrol that week. Bless your heart for even making it through that week with your head on your shoulders. anim-smile.gif

I recall the Yelling ..... I have long hair and knew I could hide cotton balls in my ears if I could just get the fortitude to have done that last ROA.

Thanks for sharing .... DIGI