GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Not wanting to share all my blues with yous, I didn't mention the Grave(s)travail visited upon me since late January, but this day I say unto thee it is time to rejoice, for this thy or MY daughter is back with thee, or rather with me.

How I got stuck in this life with such a spiteful former spouse is a matter for speculation another time. However NOW, yea VERILY, a superior court judge granted me sole custody (for now), though for a somewhat sad reason (which I will not expound upon at length this moment). But having only seen my daughter for about 6 hours over nearly two months, I REJOICE and know (since she is 13) I have my work cut out for me...

Thanks for letting me share my joy.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_cool.gif

i just read this post about a way leader's wife. she told some guy who let the torch light in front of the limb house go out the night of a class, it was also how he let the word go out in his heart

or some such sheet

and this guy was recently dropped from some freakin status

i cannot tell you how ....ed this made me. don't you remember all that kind of garbage where every stinkin little thing was a direct correlation to how you felt about God

what bullsh!t it makes me crazy. we were made to feel like scum buckets, ESPECIALLY in the corps program. it was like once you stepped on emporia driveway, you were stuck and had to be put down and yelled at by all these egotistical maniacs

thanks for letting me vent, i'm done, for the moment anyhow ha ha ha ha ha ha

love ya's and all that jazz (wink)

Yeah, sometimes the only way we kept our sanity was to briefly escape reality and just get away and laugh at some of the stupid people who micromanaged our spiritual life.

Found this old pic of two 9th Corps ladies, Cindi E. and Eileen D. These two rescued me (their elder) from insanity a few times. They deprogrammed me from my religiosity. Much beer was involved. This was a Saturday afternoon when we came back from some place in town. I forgot where we went that day.

They were funny as hell. I bet they still are.

CindyE&EileenDEmporia78.jpg

Edited by Guest

Ah, my two sisters in the Lord. I wish Cindy was wearing shorts in this pic ...

Notice how their training had kicked in, the way they aligned themselves with the stringing of the sidewalk. Everything decent and in order ... even if drunk ...

Edited by Guest

Oh, they were just catching some rays there in front of Uncle Harry Hall for a while before going in.

Too bad this was not the topless sunning area. Wasn't that over by Emporia Hall some where? Remember how mad Craig got when he saw that? Wonder why?

[This message was edited by igotout on March 17, 2003 at 7:22.]

Edited by Guest

I don't remember anthing about the topless area, but I do remember that while working the last blast patrol shift, out on the back stairs of Emporia hall, one could see steam coming from the opened window next to the stairs, through which many vixens could be seen taking their showers. Gee, Craig's abode was just a short stroll from there ...

God, how I loved bless patrol ...

Well, apparently one Saturday some of the ladies were laying out on the grass with their tops undone, getting some sun. Just like they do around here on the beaches. No big deal. They didn't turn over or anything (dammmit).

Well, the next lunch meal he blasted the "lot of us" as the Scottish lass, KM would say. He went ballistic! Something about "that the ministry be not blamed" and it being a parents weekend or some crap.

He should talk. That public tirade probably did more harm to the parents than those topless MARRIED beauties did.

Now get back to work, working the word, and quit using up your companies bandwidth.

John R.

(I edited my post cuz I wasn't SIT when I typed it.) "Bless me excathedra for I have sinned, it's been 33 years since my last confession." (Can nuns hear confessions yet?)

How many retemories do I have to recite for penance?

[This message was edited by igotout on March 18, 2003 at 7:49.]

Edited by Guest

ummmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmm

books of the bible frontwards and backwards

same with way corps blues

advanced class greens

regular whites

and if i got these wrong, please type them all out here to edify the body

nuns still cannot hear confessions so i'm becoming a barmaid

Edited by Guest

Yes s'ter icon_frown.gif:(--> You have spiritually tricked me into making this thread prevail. By the time I finish this heavy penance, your thread will stay on top for a long time. Harsh taskmaster!

You might as well add the Defeating the Adversary browns, the Word in Business whites, and the WAP red and whites while you're at it.

Therefore I shall hash the word to pieces.

Let me start out with the brown DTA # 6 -

Stealing(there are three on each retemory in TWI II now)

Ephesians 4:28

"Let him that stole, steal. No more but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may be able to have to give to him that needeth."

Ephesians 4:28

Remember there was no punctuation in the original pedangta text

[This message was edited by igotout on March 18, 2003 at 20:21.]

Edited by Guest

John 10:10a

"The thief cometh not [but for] to steal, kill and to destroy."

John 10:10a

BUT FOR is in italics....scratch it!

I'm going to trip out now.

[This message was edited by igotout on March 18, 2003 at 20:23.]

Edited by Guest

ZEE!!!!!!!!!!!

some girl comes on here ladyredd and steals my avitar right out from under me. she even posts RIGHT after me and you can see these 2 faces right under each other. scared the sheet out of me, i thought i was posting without my knowledge.

anyway, it was time for a change. as soon as i take the internet intermediate and advanced, i may even change it frequently

love, your high sister

Thanks Simon. And my kiddo has been much calmer and happier with me than she had been in months, especially with her mother. In general, mother's are wunnerful, btw, but in this case... well, I'm very thankful at this point.