GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

trees twigs branches it's all running together in a big blur ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

remember that part in christian family and sex (yeah right, i had enough of that in the spiritual family) anyway remember "i see men as trees walking" or "i see trees as men walking" i forget, could you expound to me ?

the closest i would get to running a twig or branch now would be if only trees were members but they might leave leaves all over my carpet and i would have to rake it afterward ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (helps to make sure the fibers are all spiritually aligned)

"If trees could scream,would we still cut them down? If they screamed all day for no reason we would"....Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.........Excie,I think that line about men as trees walking is a record in the bible about a blind man getting his sight back..It's either in the old or new testament....

you "guys" are a riot. very clever, notintornadoland

fellowquipper, one or two lines from you always makes my day

zee, it's either in the old or new ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

yeah but he was doing some example of "used before" to show something. i don't know. i'm not gonna lose sleep over it, just like most teachings, i never did. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Simon, Simon, this is why we have so many dust covered bibles stories. The Musterion of the blind man is twofold. First it was in the gospels read your bible, (no pressure). Second, after Jesus healed the blind man he said he saw men as trees. I don't know what this all means. One group says the man was so blind Jesus didn't do it right the first time, others say it was the mans understanding was healed since he never understood sight I don't know. Either way it sets there like a diamond.

Fellowworkeroftheword......there's a man whom I know,zelotes.......Hey,man,if the guy never understood what sight was,how did he know what trees looked like?....and I don't think we were allowed to read the gospels in the corps,were we?The only verse I remember from the gospels was the one about go ye and teach all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father,and the Son,and the Holy Ghost.....Oh,yeah,and the one about the containers that contained two or three firkins apiece.....

Yes, RockyRaccocoRaccoon, the firkin may fly, but tell him to get there at least two hours early if it's an international flight, and to leave his little firkin pocketknife in his car.

Where does the firkin need to go? I recognize that the little guy must be a bit timid, and somewhat afraid of flying, having not one, but three yellow stripes down his back . . ..

Tommytuttletutu,

this is the firkin's song.

(You have to imagine the Alvin-the-Chipmunk voice, and if you toss a little Elmer Fudd in there as well, it works nicely.)

My hoht can sing

when I paws to wemehmber,

A hohtache hew, is but a stepping stone

Awong a twaaaaail

Dat's woinding awwaaaaaaaaaays upwooooooooooohd,

Dis twubbod woooooooohd

Is not my finaw hooooooooooome.

Thus quoth the firkin. (You know that they all like a big finish; lots of vibwatto at the end.)

By the way, does anybody have a copy of Dan Keye's masterful reworking of Poe's "The Raven," about the firkin? The only line that I can quite remember is "Quoth the firkin: Give me more!" I think that the firkin's immediate objective was gorp.

If I were a firkin, I wooda wanta more uh dat fine homemade cohnbwed at Empwohwia! Give me more.

Hope there's not been much stormin in Norman lately... Since the original Stormin Norman is so far removed from Iraq (where he first became a household name about 12-13 years ago) that he is not even one of the broadcast media consultants explaining all the gubmint... ah, never mind.