GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Cindy's daughter's graduating advice: Stay at home. Let your parents support you. It's rough out there in the world. Be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the house of thy mother (Cindy), and let thy quiver be full. Just let someone else pay the bills ....

Too bad VP in me and "Uncle" Howard aren't around to undershephard Cindy's husband's seed and her young and firm high school friends. But this might be a lession better left unlearned...

Bought 52 more boxes today; many are already packed. Last week, I went through the first 25 boxes like they were water.

When we returned from our interim year, I moved everything that I owned in two footlockers. I felt then that it was just too much stuff.

What in the WORLD am I doing with so much stuff?

Garage sale this Saturday, by the way. Furniture, anyone? There won't be any PFAL books; I either gave them away or burned them, years ago.

I may have too much stuff, but I have my priorities straight.

Niki I feel your pain. Have you so quickly forgotten UNCLE HARRY day. Get with the program. Just open up an Acts Fifth Avenue. I have so much stuff too that I can't get rid of either. It is always there when I need it.

Tom Tuttle is right buy letting the daughter to multiply in her house, it is like little olive trees that have sprouted up to support the big olive tree. It is time to consider the orientalisms we were taught by Bishop Pillai.

just wanted to check in and let you know we're OK here... (just got the family out of the bathroom, where we sought refuge, a while ago)

All of the tornadoes went around us although we still are having high straight line winds (60-80 mph) and rain at 5-8 inches an hour...

Greetings Everone!

Last week I received a call from FELLOWSHIPPER and he told that you Ninth Corpse er I mean Corps were still reminiscing about all those good/bad/ugly times we had in residence.

How about George H and Black Monday? This is where the GQ men of the Ninth Corps were acting as personal Ambassadors for David Wilson who had come up with this idea for his B'Day where these dudes would help him kiss all those foxy Ninth Corps women in the Sunlight Room. George immediately exploded and put the Kabash on that boomps quick!

The Ice Cream Bowl confrontation where Darlene H was in tears and quivering and lecturing us about how we disgraced the MOG of the World.

Don Brunell was never the same after that little incident.

Were you there when the little girl from the College Div asked George H if she could address the Corps on her birthday and when he gave her the Microphone she boldly and loudy spoke in tongues and interpreted.....

"Lowshatamahlakaseeka oohshantimalaka...I the Lord thy God have called you......"

What a look of SURPRISE and SHOCK on George's face...Yeah Boy! Those were the days....eh?

His response was to confront her in front of us all and tell her she was "out of order"....(I think the Lord Jesus busted a gut over that one...)

How about that Bachelor Party Bill "Fast Buck" Fury icon_cool.gif and I icon_cool.gif hosted at Emporia disguised as the Blues Brothers?

If so I'm sure you remember the RIOT that was caused when we introduced (to at least 300 guys who had been drinking beer) four extreme babes from the 11th Corps dressed in nothing but high heels and bikinis, while Charlie LeCount cooling played his trumpet and did his best rendition of BOOM BOOM BA BOOM TA TA TA TA TA!!Pure "stripper music" backed up by the 11th Corps Band as the four girls jumped up on the tables and blew all of our minds.

Of course Fury and I joined right in dancing along with them.

The look of fear and confusion that raced across the faces of JALicon_confused.gif:confused:--> and his little skinny side kick DBicon_confused.gif:confused:--> was priceless. Man they were in true shock and awe....Earl Burton icon_eek.gif loved itanim-smile.gif.

Afterwards when everyone left, a bunch of us finished off the rest of the beer anim-smile-blue.gifanim-smile-blue.gif that was left over in the keg....Oh yes and a few of the "cougars" icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> from the Ninth Corps came down to the Snack Shop and joined us after their TEA Bridal Shower that was simultaneously held above us in the Ambassador Room.

These ninth Corps gals could'nt wait to get down where the real party was happening.icon_razz.gif:P--> anim-smile.gif

Well enough for now you Ninth Corps Bretheren and Sistren, I've got to go and see who it is that wants to see me in ma train.

I am returning from the annual Jane Covention which is held in New Delhi. The the Ashadi Ashree Tulsa gave me the keys to the City and invited me toi be the only white man to speak to them since the First Century.

OH! LAWD!!I just looked out the window and its snowing all over those gas pumps....

Until next time......

Be Blessed!!

MacZorro said:

quote:
How about George H and Black Monday? This is where the GQ men of the Ninth Corps were acting as personal Ambassadors for David Wilson who had come up with this idea for his B'Day where these dudes would help him kiss all those foxy Ninth Corps women in the Sunlight Room. George immediately exploded and put the Kabash on that boomps quick!
What meaneth this bleating in mine ears? Is my suffering from the dreaded CRS so far along? I don't remember this... is it true? Did it really happen? OR was there another "me"??? (NOT that I didn't like 'fellowshippin' with our wonderful sisters)

OH NIKA how long has it been? Much too long...

Do you remember when we first met? Witchita Falls Texas 77-78...Hot summer night....Public Ex at the Way Home...Marshall Mitchell....Bob Vignola...

Ah Yes! I'll never forget it.....

You know me and my wife...why you and her went Lightbears together with Mr Kiplinger to West (Bye Gawd) Virginia.

Love to you and yours,

ZM

Tom Strange...

Yes this actually did occur....along with many other zany antics like Russell Coleman lifting Cyndi Edwards...

Does anyone recall "the College Bowl" where we all torn up the stage when Frank M and Don Brunell creamed Yvette De Roen with two whipped cream pies and the stuff flew all over the place.

JAL and Pat Lynn were a big part of the insanity that night....I remember Helen Suddeth was beside herself because of the mess that was made on the stage...

I've got to go now and get my Aerobics Points in so that our twig "The Hilarious Givers" can win the Corps Trophy again for the umpteeth time....

Holy Mac Fishwich, MacRib, MacHine, Batman!!

What do we have here, some kinda counterfeit??

Welcome, lost brother in the Vaudeville. Because of your Godly actions in those days of old, maany of us here on the tread of the living God, STILL live and move and have our being. Thanks for all the good times that helped to keep our sanity back then.

Did you ever cheat on your aerobics points?

FYI - Sexie Exie did.

Nope...never cheated on those aerobic points..,.

In fact we "The Hilarious Givers" were most likely the most comical group of out of shape people in the entire Ways Corps.

Milagros Flores was our Twig Leader er Coordinator along with Ruth and Dave Thomas, Dee Dikranian (she was an in shape "puppy"),Phoebe Chidester(sweet gal but not athletic),Llyod Bishop (he ran like a deer and used to run like 10 miles a day during the week and probably more over the weekend).

The key to our success was not the most points per week but we always managed to all get the minimum required. SOOOOOOOO! We always won the Ways Corps Trophy!!!

Phil Drake (7th) used to come by our table and swear his twig would win the next week....Never did....Why? Because some one in his group (9th Corps)failed to get the minimum required...therefore all his efforts were nullified.....

The whole Trophy thing finally got way out of hand so Chuck M and Bill Fury cancelled the whole thing.

How the heck did Bill Fury even get assigned to the Fitness Job anyways? With all the donuts, ice cream, sugar and pop corn he would consume daily its a wonder he did'nt croak....Although I did have to cast out the Pillsbury Doughboy a few times along with the spirit of Dolly Madison...

Enough of this aerobic stuff.....I'm really out of shape now.

I must leave now to check on all the usages of pneuma hagion in the Bible....