GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

I just found my old L.E.A.D clothing and equipment list. I'd made notations as to what I already had, and what I'd need to borrow from whom.

Thanks, "Joe," for loaning me a small Bible and a long underwear shirt! Thanks, "Nikki," for the loan of a small pocketknife! It appears that I also split a bar of soap (we only needed half a bar, remember?) with "Collette."

"Sandy" also loaned me a camera and a bandana.

Where ever you guys are now, you rock!

(get it? LEAD; rock?) icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

BTW, we captured the yard cats this morning. They are back there in their cat carriers, howling like wild . . . well, howling like wild cats. They are waiting for their trip to the Vet, for their three-year Rabies vaccines, their feline leukemia boosters, and their annual checkup. Then, it's off to the fancy kitty kennel in the barn. They have to live in the kitty kennel for four weeks, to acclimatize to their new home, and to accept it as where they want to be. They're going to love their new home; it's got 25 chickens, and they've never met a chicken before.

icon_wink.gif;)-->

Niki, If it is for retirement plans then all I can say is " A girl gotsta do what a girl Gotsta do". I myself am reavaluating my situation and I am confident I am making a life changing dwelling place that is best for me. Life is dynamic. Life is always changing. If you sit still too long you just might get left behind is my philisophical belief.

We grew up raising chickens,and I must say,they got along with our half-dozen or so barn cats rather famously....Come autumn,my dad would send my brother and I to go catch a couple for soup(chickens,not barncats)...We found it easier to grab them around the neck to catch them...'Til we brought one back to him already dead,then dad had to sit my brother and I down and have a little talk with us about choking our chickens....

That's it Simon! That's what I miss and that's why I lurk here...just make me laugh, damit! Lots of the other booths at this cafe are arguing about spurtchul matters and elections and such. Not you 9th corpse, you guys got it goin' on! Thanks for the icon_smile.gif:)-->, now continue with more farm stories...

Tonto did the dirty work for free...

That had to have been a laughing matter, Bar-Simonion. I suppose if you shook those lil ole cheekins more than twice you were just playin' with them ...

I'd tell of mah days of old, down on the farm, but the one of the conditions of my parole is to stay away from schools and small barn yard animals.

Where is Dick DiNenno??

Okay, we took the cats to the farm last night, and got pictures of the kids holding CHICKENS!

My little girl ran around all night with a huge chicken feather sticking out of her back pocket. She looked like she was brought up on a farm. She and my son ran all over the place, finding eggs, with the encouragement of the farmer.

The cats are installed in a big dog cage, with their scratching post, bed, blanket, toys, and litterbox, for a month, so that they get used to being in the barn.

Okay, so they're really spoiled ferals, but ferals, just the same.

Back to sorting and packing!

love, niKa

quote:
The cats are installed in a big dog cage, with their scratching post, bed, blanket, toys, and litterbox, for a month, so that they get used to being in the barn.
niKa, I'm not trying to be a wise guy... but... how are they supposed to get used to "being in the barn" by being "in a big dog cage"???

Won't they just get used to being "in a big dog cage"???