GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Good question, Tommy Strangelove.

It's the Present Truth on how to acclimatize feral cats to a new location. You have to get them used to the sounds, smells, etc., and most particularly, they must be used to getting their food in that location. Otherwise, they'd rocket out of the barn as soon as they were released, dissapear into the woods, and become coyote snacks. This way, the farmer goes in to talk to them two or three times a day, and by the end of three or four weeks, they're letting him pet them through the cage. When they are released, they're used to the sight of the chickens and the farm dogs. The barn has become home base, and they stick around.

Actually, I had no idea how to do this, but we looked it up on the internet.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Niki, being a poor ole country boy like I am you are right. You must contain an animal to keep it . What sight did you find it on? I learned through a variety of animals that they must caged in a location for at least a week so they succumb to their new environment for them to stick around. You did right. This is how I keep animals or train them.

I took the farmer a long funnel; he can put food and water into the bowls without opening the cage.

I took him two litterboxes; he only has to take one out, and put the other in, quickly, every few days.

We'll just hope for the best. If he brings his dog in with him when he changes the boxes, the cats will likely just hide in their bed during that moment, anyway.

Tuttlemeister: it was her loss, dude! You're one cool cat.

Happy Saturday Morning, everybody!

My people we are down third now so I will take this back to the top where it belongs.

I have been lead

I have been a WOW thrice

I have been a light bearer twice while in residence.

I have even been on a state run outreach during the summer here where I reside.

I have spent my youth doing all of this and a grad of the ninth corps which is not recognized anymore.

I almost feel like Paul the Apostle and his credentials.

I still enjoy the fellowship with the Father and only gnosko (sp) it was all just for me to enjoy the fellowship in my own special way. I have obtained total bliss in this.

Comments are welcome.

Bliss . . . Also Known As seventh heaven?

Well, I suppose that if you are with the right girl at the right time, she might take you to seventh heaven . . .

In your case, the right girl has as Aussie accent, and Seventh Heaven is on the other side of the world . . .

Croiky, Fellowblisser, you've got all your ducks in a row, mate.

Now, my daughter wants to put some smiley faces on this.

icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_eek.gifanim-smile.gificon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_wink.gif;)--> icon_redface.gif:o--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_cool.gificon_smile.gif:)-->

Thanks,Allah proclaim and dirtyworker...

Shipper,that's all good and well,but what do you want?...A holiday?...A vacation with pay?....Go ahead and grant them to yourself,you've paid your dues,man....

Letsee,Nika,I'm a grandad already(and if any of you dare call me gramps I'll conk you on the head with my cane)...You're youngest is jest a year older than my grandson and we're the same age...What's up with that?

quote:
You're youngest is jest a year older than my grandson and we're the same age..
what ? are you your own grandpa ? i mean, your own grandson ?

nikie, when i went to my h.s. reunion i was supposed to get the prize for being the newest mom. but there was my old stupid (icon_wink.gif;)-->) friend there and she was 9 months pregnant and my baby was 3 mos. old.

so they voted me as one having changed the least.... that worked for me even better icon_smile.gif:)-->

i had my baby when i was 38. it was horrible. the birth, not the baby icon_smile.gif:)-->

Heck, as rather a conservative young lady from Texas, maybe I just didn't go out in the rain as much as Simon-he-hath-his-quiverfull.

I also married pretty late!

In some ways, it's kind of like I'm having my own grandchildren. I appreciate them a lot, and enjoy them tremendously, but running after them gives me, shall we say, aerobic points?

I have Ibuprofen, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I was also the oldest Mom in the audience for the first grade program . . ..

We're planning our retirement to coincide with the graduation of the youngest from high school (starts Kindergarten this month). When they go off to college, we're going off to hike the Adirondacks, or wherever.

Emphasis on "hiking," and also on "wherever."

Hey Ex, can I get you some Robitussin for that cough? Or maybe a shot of Jack Daniels...that might do the trick.

And Tom, no offense taken. I was the one who chose the name. Witnessing? BTDT. icon_wink.gif;)-->

My kids are 24 and 16. Let me tell you, it was a whole lot harder having a baby at 34 than at 26. Yep, I'm an old fart.