GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

You dirty bastard...Get your a$$ back up there on the baseball thread or someplace...Dammit,what in the hell are you doing up this time of the night?...I thought I had #4000 all to myself...I'm telling Pawtucket on you and gonna have all your posts deleted....I hope your Cleveland Indians die and rot like pigs in hell...

John, thanks for posting the link to the pic of the future Bored of the Trustees members. Those people look so much like people I knew so maany years ago. Studying the picture I notice, from left to right, counterclockwise, the apostle, the prophet, the evangelist, the pastor and the teacher, and not pictured is Jerry Mathers as the Beaver. Geez, how right-on we were, even back then ... 5 for the gift ministries, the Way Tree in the background, the couch where we were SITing, the drinks for our stomach's sake and our often infirmities, the light shining down upon the blessed believers ... How maany more spiritual reminders could possibly be power-packed into this dynamic picture!!!??? It is SO GODLY ... Even Mr. BayLeaves, who appears to be covering his feet, as in days of old, and Darleen resting in the Lord, with two (2) MIGHTY MEN OF GOD gently holding her up... Hey John, where's your right hand of blessing??? Touching the hem of her young and firm garment??

No wonder she's so blessed ...

The only thing missing is the fire engine red VPWWOW Hotline phone.

OK - what other Goldy, inspiring things can one see from this pic????

Silence speaks loudly...... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My better half was taking the picture, only sober one in group probably. I think I was caught away into another dimension that night, 21 years ago!

As I recall, we had just solved all the problems of TWI whilst sitting around that coffee table partying, each of us with a revelation from GAWD. TWI should have listened to us.

I liked S & W's pool and those nearby stores across the street for beer replenishment.

Instead of a Las vegas reunion, I say we go back to our roots and have one there at the S & M. We can visit Lock 2 and maaaaaany other historical places in the area including Wints.

Oh Simon you just had to be the first to post on Saturday. That makes you a post bully!

I still do and I have my Corps name visible on my mantle to remind me of what I am. I also hanging on my wall is that break and light illumination plastic light VP gave us our Corps graduation and told us to never through it away because we are the light of the world.

Question: Where is yours?

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

if everyone here can control their feelings and thoughts, then i HATE YOUR GUTS

Two things:

First, is that directed at everyone or someone in particular?

Second, does it mean that if there is someone who can't control their feelings or thoughts, then you don't hate anyone's guts?

After all, I willk do my best to understand, but my guts might take it personally.

At least you didnt attack me like Simon did for stealing post number 4000. I am just guessing that you couldn't care less about that.

Hey, everybody.

Haven't been by much, but wish you all the best.

Still moving; it's the project that never ends.

Been in the new house for three weeks; still haven't got the old house ready for the "for sale by owner" sign.

Love not having a television at the new house; peacefulness and quality time with the children reign supreme.

Sad to hear of Joyce Carr's passing.

Exie, sad to hear of the death in your family.

Sept. 11/12 is the one year anniversary of my Dad's passing. Been a heck of a year.

You guys are the best.

I raise my coffee cup to you!

((((tonto))))

ditto on floridians

simon, why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near ? just like me they long to be close to you

hey check out this link, remember our elder catherine brubeck

http://www.pbs.org/brubeck/theMan/kathy.htm

also here's a pic of her, she looks fabulous !!!!!

http://www.biblerock.org/homeChurch.htm