GreaseSpot Cafe

What do you think of Mikeology?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raf said:

quote:
This is not a fair summary, given that "I disagree completely with Mike" is not one of the options.
My mistake: I meant to say "No one thinks PFAL & VP are "just great" and no one completely AGREES with Mike.

The original post has been edited.

D*mn media nitpickers icon_wink.gif;)-->

Hi everyone,

It's been months since I've been here. The menu and the clientele seem to be about the same - I'm not sure if that is comforting or scary icon_smile.gif:)-->

As I remember, shortly after the beginning of the interminable Mike threads, people were asking if anyone around agreed with Mike. Even back then there was someone around who agreed with him - of course, people then wondered if it was Mike posting under another persona.

Maybe Mike doesn't completely agree with himself, but he is willing to give his ideas a fair chance. And maybe that other person is still around - or again, maybe it is Mike's alter ego.

Or maybe the silent agreeing community is still silent.

Nah, scratch all those maybies.

Tom

I'm sorry - I just showed up here & posted without reading all the posts. Has anyone actually fessed up to being willing to give Mike's ideas a shot? That doesn't require a long range firearm; perhaps they haven't been considering Mike's ideas for long.

Tom

If all Mike had proposed was that PFAL contained God's truth and that people could apply it in their lives, we would not be having this debate.

It is his worship of the book and its author and his subsequent conclusions that lead us to argue against his position.

Thomas H... good to 'see' you again...

quote:
It's been months since I've been here. The menu and the clientele seem to be about the same - I'm not sure if that is comforting or scary
...I like to think that it would be comforting... at least to society as a whole... we're trying to keep him off the streets!