GreaseSpot Cafe

Hit your head - broken bread

Once upon a time, Fred banged his head on the closet bar at Gunnison, and Fred was getting upset, and along comes Phil Klinkenberg, and he bangs his head even harder -- and Fred stops feeling sorry for himself, and Phil is concerned about Fred. . .

And I told Phil his getting hit on the head helped Fred, and Holy Spirit, being as funny as he is, caused him to do so. . .

And then when Fred lost his job on Friday (day before yesterday) there was two of them who were told they were being fired -- Fred and this young kid, with wife and small children, and he was two days away from the end of his 90-day "probationary period." ("He was really upset," Fred said.)

Fred was not so devastated, and he had compassion on the other guy. And maybe Fred's being there (an old fat guy losing his job) was a comfort to the other guy somehow. . . and I guessed it was the best Holy Spirit could do in the situation.

Sometimes Holy Spirit does things in our lives for others.

What do you think?

I'm thinking that I hope "Holy Spirit" doesn't get in a funny mood around me and decide to bang my head icon_eek.gif

Also I hope I can hook up with a god or goddess who can do better than firing my butt in order for me to feel compassion for the next guy icon_mad.gif

In principle I agree with part of your point Kit, that the divinity does things in our lives for others...I'm just sorry that your god had to beat up Fred and then fire him icon_wink.gif;)-->

Romans 8:28 :

"We know that in everything God works for good, with those that love Him, who are called according to His purpose." (Oxford)

I don't think God had anything to do with his firing at all, but was able to work in the situation, despite the firing. icon_smile.gif:)-->