GreaseSpot Cafe

He Saved Others?

Was Jesus a loser? Let's take an honest look shall we?

He was condemned by a just jury.

He was hanged on a tree for all to see.

The top religious echelon voted in a lawful assembly. There were no false witness nor liars present, dare ANYone say.

People witnessed him die. God did not save him.

He was challenged to save himself and he could not. Not impressive at all.

He knuckled under top goverment officials. Didn't even speak a word at times.

He reproached well respected and loved men. Lawyers, religious leaders. He ate with sinners. Known sinners.

He was responsible for babies dying. Yes how many hundreds of babies could have been saved if not for his birth?

He divided families!!! He divided father and daughter!!! (Check the Gospels on this one)

Yes Jesus of Nazareth separated many. He was a separist.

Just one man or woman's opinion here. Mine counts as one as do yours. Nothing more, nothing less.

God bless.

Jsamuel,

Looks like you're fairly new here so I'll be nice.. this post belongs in the Doctrinal Forum down below. I haven't been there in a while but you'll probably get some folks who'd like to talk about this. If you come back and don't see this thread.. check down there. Moderators do house cleaning from time to time and move threads.

sudo

Jsamuel --- Sounds like you prefer "selective reading". icon_smile.gif:)-->

"He was condemned by a just jury."

This "just jury" met between 11:00pm, and midnight -- on a monday I might add. What "just jury" meets so late at night? I've heard it taught that it was illegal for "court" to be held at night.

quote:
Mark 15:1 -- "in the morning" = anytime before sunrise, while yet dark. Cp 1.35; 16. 2,9. John 20.1. The Lord must have been led to Pilate before our midnight, because it was "about the 6th hour of the night" when Pilate said "Behold your King" (John 19:14) It was therefore in the night,at which time it was unlawful to try a prisoner. (See the Talmud, Sanhedrin, cap4.) It was also unlawful on the eve of the Sabbath, and this was the eve of a High Sabbath. From The Companion Bible, page 1422.

"The top religious echelon voted in a lawful assembly. There were no false witness nor liars present, dare ANYone say."

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> Now you are contradicting Matthew 26:59-65.

"He was challenged to save himself and he could not. Not impressive at all."

Could not, or would not?? Now you are contradicting Matthew 26:53, 54 -- and I will dispute that it was most impressive to have help available, and not to call on it. Verse 54 gives the reason for his "less than impressive response" - as you say.

"He reproached well respected and loved men. Lawyers, religious leaders. He ate with sinners. Known sinners."

"Those that are whole, do not need a physician." icon_smile.gif:)-->

"He was responsible for babies dying. Yes how many hundreds of babies could have been saved if not for his birth?"

icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

"He divided families!!! He divided father and daughter!!! (Check the Gospels on this one)

Yes Jesus of Nazareth separated many. He was a separist."

Abraham Lincoln did the same by his emancipation proclamation, freeing slaves. Was he a "loser" too?

"Just one man or woman's opinion here. Mine counts as one as do yours. Nothing more, nothing less.

God bless."

God bless you too. icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

God first

Beloved JSamuel

It seems like you are mad at something that ok but your words are very foolish my dear friend

Can you find a just jury anywhere in the World

I would say with boldness No because most people judge by feelings not by what is right and just

Now let me add if you had read the book of "The Letter of Pontius Pilate, Which He Wrote to the Roman Emperor, Concerning our Lord Jesus Christ."

It would tell how they had told a lie and that there was no reason to kill Jesus Christ

This was the judge himself and there are notes from both judges that tell about the same story

Yes its ok that you turn the bible around but you can not turn the writtens of the judge around that agree with the bible that the wittness were false

About Jesus Saving himself he could of called 12 legions of angels within seconds

You say Jesus did this or that but my bible has no verse in the gospel to what you say

Yes even a fool counts has a fool but how do you want to count has foolish or has a beliver

This is why I call your words foolish and very unwise

But do not give up just do more research and this time you may see the greatness of Jesus Christ

But as this is enough for now

with love and an holy kiss Roy