GreaseSpot Cafe

My AOL

A la prochaine

My aol messenger has gone kaphooey???

Help... people come on to chat with me and I can see what they've typed and all.. but when I go to type nothing happens. The cursor is flashing and all but nothing happens when the keys are pressed.

??? anyone know what the deal is??? I know a few here on GS use AOL to chat.

I'd appreciate any input. My other chat thingies like MSN and Yahoo work fine .. just AOL.

A la, it may be that you've hit your "limit". You did know about the limit on AOL chat, right? Once you've typed in over 50,000,000,000 words, it starts over. You have to wait a few days for it to clear out and come back to where you can see what you type again. This was done in the interest of user-health, allowing time for the Power-Chatter to sleep.

-

-

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Uh oh. Is my Geek Card suspended for a month? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

A la, I've been trying to Chat myself, and I've used AOL, MSN, TalkBack, HappyNoiz, FreyndFynder, ComcastCallCard, WhoosDere, and every other tool I can find. I can't get the dang thing to work whenever I try to Chat. I start the program, bring it up, get my little library of emoticon smilies and everything all set, turn up the volume on my speakers and lean over and talk right in to the mouse and wait...and wait. Nothing happens. EVER! I'm chattin', I'm chattin', nothing comes back. I'm starting to think my mouse may be malfunctioning, not sure. I've tried even chatting directly in to the monitor and still, nothin'. I'm starting to think something's wrong.

Well, good luck on your AOL Chat thing. Hope the reinstall works, or sumpin.

SWEET! Never messed with these programs much, but that GAIM looks nice, Zixar.

A la, you can find it right HERE Check it out. It might be the answer to your needs. And wants. And some greeds too!

I just hope it can fix my mouse. I can't even find the speaker on it.

I went to sourceforge and found GAIM, then back to google and searched for GAIM. Google came back with results but at the top said "Did you mean GIMP?"