GreaseSpot Cafe

It's time for the Sopranos...!

quote:
Oh - were you surprised that Tony and Carmella got back together? I wasn't.
heck no! she's a smart woman... she's known all along the life she chose... she just had a little 'daydream' there...! she knows where her bread is buttered...

...how will Christopher be after this beat down? will he 'be'?

how many will be left when 'it's all settled' with Johnny Sack?

My prediction? Christopher will be the last man standing at the end of the series. Paulie and Silvio have no chance to make it. I wouldn't bet long cash on Tony surviving, either.

But that's all a guess on my part.

They are going to have a big shootout for the end. Tony's cousin -- dust Syl -- dust Christopher? I think he will switch bosses. He's got yet another thing to hate Tony for, even though it was necessary.

Actually Zix, I think Christopher may be the last one standing too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the season finale sure made an unexpected ending. I thought there would be more intensity; I NEVER thought the fight would end with the NYC mob getting indicted by the FBI.

Also, can anybody explain the episode where Adriana got whacked? I thought she was packing her clothes herself and waiting for Christopher to return. I also thought she was driving herself out of town to go toward Baltimore and Washington. Then she gets the call from Tony. Then Christopher is packing her clothes, getting rid of the suitcase, and leaving her car in the airport parking lot.

What was the deal with her packing her clothes and driving away? Was that another dream? I'm confused.

W-Not: Yes, the scene where you see her driving away was all in her head.

I was kind of disappointed in the finale. They set it up to be a big showdown, and it just fizzled. Maybe I'll think differently after seeing it again.

I don't have HBO so for years I wondered what all the fuss about the Sopranos was. Well, a friend of mine had copies of every episode from the begining and offered them to my wife and I to watch. We got hooked. In two months time we watched all five years to date. Great show.

My friend also copied "Deadwood" for us.Another great show.

I have to say that they certainly surprised me. I was expecting a big shoot out. I went back to the teaser from two weeks ago and all the cuts were from the finale and no implicit gunfire.

It was a letdown. Maybe the big shoot out will be the first episode of next season. I see a few getting knocked off.

I think it's all building towards the final season...I predict that Tony S. gets whacked in the final episode next year. Christopher takes over, but only after whackin' Paulie. I sure wish that somebody would whack Carmella...that whining b*tch annoys the hell out of me.

It was a pleasure watching Steve Buscemi this season. By the way, Steve B was my pick to play Howard Allen in the made for tv movie version about twi.

So now what happens???

a) with Johnny Sack and the gang in prison, Tony gets to take over NY

2) Little Carmine comes back north and takes over

c) Johnny Sack and the NY guys think they've got nothing to lose and go to war with Tony

4) Tony wakes up from his dream

hahahahahahahahahaha

...even though we didn't have a huge blood bath in the last episode... I thought the last episode did a good job of showing Tony's 'turmoil'....

And on Kimmell last night, during his opening bit, he walks down the street and stops at a dumpster and finds the picture and brings it inside! ...funny...

Is the next season the final one? For some reason I thought this one was the final one until I knew they couldn't wrap up the story lines in the episodes they had left.

I thought more would come up in the recent season about Tony killing Ralph Ciffereto (sp?), but hardly anything came up about that except when Tony talked to Christopher about what Adriana may have been able to tell the Feds before they knocked her off.

OK you guys, I have one more question about the recent season. I kept seeing in the previews that Carmela walks into an empty house. I somehow missed that on the show. Did it happen? Was it a dream? Was it when she was dreaming about AJ as a child?

I also missed the previous season of Janice and Bobby getting married. I'm going to have to rent the darn DVD.

Edited by NottaWayfer

Wayfer,

Yes, next season (whenever that happens) is the final.

I think the empty house happened this season, wasn't it when Tony cleaned out the "Movie Room" of all of the A/V equipment and furniture?

I don't think there was an episode where Janice and Bobby got married, this season just kind of opened that way.

...at least that's what I remember through the haze....

If I'm not mistaken, the final season is 10 episodes long and doesn't begin until Jan. 06!

I think with Johnny Sack and his boys all going to jail, Tony S. will definitely become more powerful and "pick up" some of the NY action...

I can't see the show ending up with Tony S. still in power...he'll either get whacked or go to jail...

I suspect that they will bring in some new faces like they did this year, featuring some top actors...maybe Feetch will return.