• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Mister P-Mosh:

quote:
Originally posted by satori001:

Is his name Ratzenberger? Something like that.

It's kind of difficult to criticize someone and not look like an @$$ if you don't even know enough about him to know his name.

Difficult for amateurs, but not if you're me. On the other hand, I did not criticize him, did I? I criticized Catholicism. The joke is one told by many Catholics, as re-told on NPR, and provided here by me as a public educational service.

As you have proven on many occasions, PMosh, information is no antidote for dementia.

Shows you where their priorities are. Molest children get moved to another church, but steal their money . . .

MI Priest Sentenced for Stealing from Churches

April 26, 2005, 08:40 AM Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

A Roman Catholic priest has been sentenced to 300 days in the jail for stealing $244,000 from 2 Van Buren County churches that he served. The Reverend Bogdon Werra was sentenced in Van Buren County Circuit Court in Paw Paw after pleading guilty March 10th to embezzlement.

Werra faces up to 10 years in prison. The judge also ordered him to serve 5 years' probation, undergo counseling and repay the stolen money. Werra served at Saint John Bosco Parish in Mattawan and Saint Margaret Mary Mission in Marcellus. Werra resigned in July and was charged in August.