The New Pope

GarthP2000

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
quote:

"At the sound of the bells, nuns pulled up their long skirts and joined others jogging toward St. Peter's Square to watch the pope emerge."

now that's funny

Ya know exc, I thought it was funny when I read it, but then I wonder why Simpson had the opportunity such an Associated Press, & that's why I posted quoted such a funny

sws

quote:
Originally posted by George Aar:

At 78 this guy's a wee bit long in the tooth already, no? I guess they like all the pomp and circumstance surrounding the whole election thingy, as they'll most likely being doing it again real soon.

LMAO Good one George.

JerryB

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Lingo:

Ya know Sunesis, that makes a lot of sense. I love my country dearly, but truly, we are way decadent. We are the worst. We may not be as permissive as, say, the Netherelands, or Germany when it comes to sexual liberties, but we are powerful, rich, and decadent. We are phat. Just look at our athletes and the money they command and receive. That stuff grosses me out more than the other lustful things so evident. Yeah, we could be the great Babylon spoken of in Revelation, fer sure...

That depends on your definition of decadence...the real evil is not just when two men have sex, or when an athlete gets paid millions to throw a ball through a small hoop with a net. The real evil is the mass murder of thousands of innocents (including your own), stealing from the poor and the middle class, forcing your religious views on others, etc. Nothing else comes close.

quote:
stealing from the poor and the middle class, forcing your religious views on others, etc. Nothing else comes close.

I would say that Islamic fundamentalist countries like Sudan, Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, and Saudi Arabia are far worse in this aspect than the Unted States of America. I mean c'mon Mosh, when's the last time you heard of w Woman being shot in public by the State at a soccer field here in America because she didn't follow the tenets of the Antioch Baptist Church?

John Hagee (i think thats his name) does lots of prophecy stuff. (which is probably all out of whack) but he was talking about the new pope being the 2nd to last one--i guess based on the Malachy guy. He has also said the Jews are starting to plan out re-building the temple.(Which i heard someone else say too.)

Anyway, this new pope gives me the heebee jeebees. But, at least you can e-mail him from the vatican's website--better than twit's website. No e-mail available there.

'Apparently' the Jews have indeed been planning the new temple for awhile now, even down to the breeding programme of the red heifers for the sacrifices. They also spent considerable time tracking down silversmiths to make the sacrificial instruments and actually came across a family living on some island somewhere that were descended from the original silversmiths way back!

Sunesis

quote:
Also, I believe the anti-christ will be a Jewish person - not the pope. Christ's prophecies in the OT were to his people. Jewish people would never follow a pope, or even consider one to be the Messiah. Nor would they let a non-Jew into the temple when it is eventually rebuilt.

could you please clarify so that I respond correctly.I just want to make sure I'm not misreading

Allen

'Apparently' the Jews have indeed been planning the new temple for awhile now, even down to the breeding programme of the red heifers for the sacrifices. They also spent considerable time tracking down silversmiths to make the sacrificial instruments and actually came across a family living on some island somewhere that were descended from the original silversmiths way back!

is this a joke? if not where is this information from?

Now, as I have spent a great deal of time in research of the Nazi's and all the pertains to them, the Pope really had no choice in being in the Nazi youth, it was something that all boys had to participate in, so I think that holding this againts him is wrong.

Ratzinger has nade no bones about the fact that he would like to take the church back to a stricter place. I don't think it will happen, but only time will tell, but how much sticter could it get on the congregants? Make them speak in latin at the services again?

IMHO, the new pope should immediatley comment on the pedophile issue and the consequence to priest who commit/commited these horrrendous crimes. Taking on these horrible actions and publicly speaking about then, would not only allow the public to have an answer to the question no one has answered it would earn respect for the pope, beyond measure. As a cardnial he has commented on it, but if as the Pope he condemed it and told us how they (roman catholic church) is going to deal with it, he would earn immense respect from not just his church but the world.

quote:
Sunesis

quote:

Also, I believe the anti-christ will be a Jewish person - not the pope. Christ's prophecies in the OT were to his people. Jewish people would never follow a pope, or even consider one to be the Messiah. Nor would they let a non-Jew into the temple when it is eventually rebuilt.

still waiting for clarification

Hi Sharon, what I said about the breeding of the red heifers, sacrificial instruments etc.. was only a joke..IF what I watched on the tape was a joke (which I don't think it was.

The video tape was one of a set of six about things Biblical (made for t.v.)

The others were about Samson, tower of Babel,Noahs ark etc.. and very well done.

I will look for them today and get some names.