GreaseSpot Cafe

Matrix Revolutions

quote:
Originally posted by Jbarrax:

Thanks for the clarification Dan. Your input is always invaluable.

JerryB

Thank you for your post, which woke my brain up to some of the gnostic trivia kickin' about.

Zix, Aside from a few faint ideas, I haven't figured out Morpheus yet. It's probably right beneath my nose.

I need to go see the third movie. There's a good excuse to go see it.

Danny

Maybe Morpheus is their version of John the Baptist; the precursor of the Messiah whose own faith is eventually challenged.

Just a thought...

JerryB

The wife and I went to see "Matrix Revolutions"over the weekend. I enjoyed it, perhaps because I hadn't seen either of the first two movies, and didn't have any interpetational investments in it.

I got a big kick out of those ships they flew around. They reminded me of the kind of ships Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon flew around in back in the 1930s, except their exhausts didn't have smoke going up and sparks going down. None of this spacious command center "Star Trek" hoohah :-)

The big battle scenes reminded me of "Warhammer 40,000". The fight between Smith and Neo reminded me of something Jack Kirby might have drawn in the early '70s. The face formed by the swarming sentinels reminded me of "Zardoz".

The end reminded me of the end to "Mars Attacks"!

Love,

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael 1969:

"A craptacular crapfest of crappy crap" is now a common phrase at the Sun-Sentinel. Explanations of the term are no longer necessary. It is officially a common idiom.

Heh, that makes me very happy. I would have normally said a more vulgar one though, so it's good that I was stuck using words like "crap."