GreaseSpot Cafe

Whom does God live for?

interesting def

he did create all things for his pleasure, and he works all things after the counsel of his own will, he also likes to makes things that are "good"

Perhaps the question might be more apt to say, what does God enjoy most?

John 4:21-24

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain,

nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:

for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Seeing as God is suppossed to be infinite- always was and always will be- was here before everything was and could be here after everything was...

He lives for himself. He has no choice but to live.

Then again, seeing as He created life and all that surrounds it, does God really live? Seems that would be another one of those condescencio thingys. Living is a human thing, a life thing. Does being the author of something mean that you possess that which you have authored? And if so, I don't care how you semantically strain it, God would also be the author of death. So who does God die for? See what I mean? It doesn't work.

quote:
The Father lives for, yearns for, plans for... those who will worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Don't we all just love it when that happens to us. Now get back on your knees!

quote:
Then again, seeing as He created life and all that surrounds it, does God really live? Seems that would be another one of those condescencio thingys. Living is a human thing, a life thing. Does being the author of something mean that you possess that which you have authored? And if so, I don't care how you semantically strain it, God would also be the author of death. So who does God die for? See what I mean? It doesn't work.

Good questions lindy

Except God don't die....

Can't kill spirit

Remember Adam and Eve? Yeah them...

The first people around...

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

"the man is become as one of us"

Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive.

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Something must still be living after we die...

keep on questioning, man!

Edited by CM

I guess CM, what I am saying is in the absolute absence of death, life looses a little meaning.

quote:
Good questions lindy

Except God don't die....

Can't kill spirit

and actually that was my point. You can't ask my last question. Can you ask the first? Can you create spirit if it (God/Spirit) is all encompassing? In whom we live and move. The oneness?

Get your own dirt. Ever hear that joke?

Well if the spirit that is God was already infinite and everywhere, is it possible to create another spirit within it without an external source? It is impossible. It was already there. There was no need for creation.

The spirit that is your spirit was always there and will always be there. So is it alive without a possible death? Or is it just ( )...?

And what does that mean for you at death? Your spirit goes "BACK" (?) to God. What ever that means.

Boy I am getting in deep on the other side.

Then again maybe spirit was just the wind and at your last breath it is bloooooowwwwn back to the air. You know, an ignorant figure.

maybe "God" simply is what is, both inside and out, universally and all inclusive, and lives for untangling the hell that seperates heaven and earth within his very Godness. and does so most specifically through and as us, each as our own gifted logos, our own truest nature, until we eventually learn to rest in peace as both this and the witness of this, and thus recognizing our own true face staring back at us, like a zion of jazzy technicolor dreamcoats waiting to be washed off and unfolded and born, as it always has been from the beginning...

icon_cool.gif

and interesting Lindy...

compare "death is the last enemy" with "love your enemy"

not a twisting of scripture, but an untwisting

converting demons to angels being more like unravelling tangles and tongues and knots

or how Paul said the seed must die for spiritual understanding to "live?"

grim reaper as final gatekeeper?

hear am i...pluck me and eat me oh Lord!

angelkit.gif

And when God "created" man and woman. Was it a creation like

something out of nothing or

something from something or

God himself living in the dust of the ground that breaths.

So I don't think it's another Spirit

but the same...diversified to show us

how big He is...

Well wherever and whatever it is, if it is, I hope it is interesting. Golden streets just sounds a little pretentious. lol Without tears and upsetting emotions, I hope we don't all become unfeeling snobs.

+/-ODD, Very interesting. Love death. If fear were believing in reverse and love positive believing, then I guess VP should have taught to love death as you love life.

I dig what you and CM are saying. Everything just being infinitely diversified in time and space. Like plugging and unplugging DNA sequences. Infinitely bonding molecules. A contraction and a release on and on. Life to death, and on and on. Matter existing as and within spirit...being niether created nor destroyed.

Its just my little hang up of whether we can know these things or not. But it is fun and interesting to postulate.

Just a leattle sidetracked.

So Def what is the answer. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

• 1 month later...

God lives for itself. The whole of creation exists and thus lives for God.

God is neither required to be faithful to our expectaions or to His Glory.

Our expectaions limit our understanding of God and His ability to manifest Himself and His Will (desire) for us for in our lives. Therefore it appears to us that God is faithful to our expectations. God can only live up to OUR expectaions because that is all WE allow.

His Glory for it to be genuinely His Glory is required to be faithful to Him.

beyond your expectations and more

so much so it's unbelievable

rich, pure, hot

everything you ever imagined and more

hidden within these beautiful people

waiting to explode into reality

to reach out and touch the

face of God, it's an arms length away

behind each breath

out of reach yet

within reach

His Glory is us

our hopes our dreams

expectations of expectations

• 2 weeks later...

When we live for ourselves, the results are bad.

But, God who is pure, lives for Himself, he radiates His Glory in all His creation.

So when we live for Him, His glory shines through us, allowing us to be a blessing to others and having that glory reflect back to Him.