GreaseSpot Cafe

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

On the whole this movie was a disappointment. As Raf once said about another movie, "A craptacular crapfest of crappy crap."

The beginning stayed faithful to the book, but after that the two parted ways. That's not a problem in itself, but in this case the result was not good.

The Arthur Dent character was more or less just like the character in the book, but the rest of the characters were not (except for the neurotic robot, Marvin, completely underplayed by Alan Rickman).

Upshot: this movie is a HUGE waste of time!

I saw that coming when I realized they sacrificed the very recognizable

description of Zaphod Beeblebrox in exchange for adding a cheap visual joke.

He's supposed to have two matching heads above his necks, and a third

arm which he had added to help improve his ski-boxing.

The BBC version (of books 1 & 2) was produced on a shoestring budget, and, IMHO,

is superior to what little I've seen of the current thing.

Found it. It was PMosh, talking about The Matrix Revolutions...

quote:
don't want to give away any secrets, but this is the "Phantom Menace" of Matrix films. The Matrix Reloaded was bad because of all of it's psychology 101 crap, but I expected it to pay off in the third of the series. It doesn't, and the movie is really stupid. The stuff you "discover" at the end of the second Matrix film is pretty much forgotten in the third, and doesn't serve any purpose. The ending is a huge let down that doesn't resolve anything, even though some main characters die for pretty much nothing.

This movie is a craptacular crapfest of crappy crap. I know many people are going to see it anyway, so just lower your expectations to somewhere just below Howard the Duck and Hudson Hawk. The Wachowski brothers should never make a another movie, after how bad they've botched up a simple scifi plot like The Matrix.