GreaseSpot Cafe

A Field of Screams

skyrider

quote:
Originally posted by sharon:

Micheal Fort has his weakness but he was a wonderful teacher who taught me how to not be a victim...

does he need my forgivness no are there people who deserve it I'm sure...

the one good thing I got from those wakos

icon_razz.gif:P--> I guess if I need to explain my humor it ain't funny icon_frown.gif:(--> but here goes...

you said:

quote:
micheal fort's teachings got me to stay in the twi...
Get it? Did you forgive him for helping you stay in TWI? Get it? icon_razz.gif:P--> Okay, if you thought it was good to stay in TWI, then I guess what I said wouldn't be funny. icon_redface.gif:o-->

But hell, I laughed icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Well its becoming a case of having too many chiefs and not enough indians. (no disprespect to my native american brethren). How many people does it take to call the shots when there are no new bodies ? TWI's strength used to be that it was a youthful setup with numerous, able-bodied post adolescents ready to push "the class". Now its aging, pudgy people with no retirement nestegg (who might not yet realize that) who guilt trip their kids into taking classes and maintaining the Way flag against their will.

I've always felt that at some point there will be some pretty bitter battles at the top once someone makes a move on the considerable financial resources in the Way cupboards. Its gonna happen one day and thats when the feathers will fly. Somone is gonna start fearing that they are gonna get cut out of their slice and then it will be scandal city.

There were as many levels of involvement as there were people involved. I know of folks who took the class, came to twig for a few months and disapeared...never gave it a second thought and were not seriously effected. I know of others who were involved to the max for many years, top leadership positions...and are still trying to sort things out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the closer to the fire that you got, the more you got burned.

How to get past it? Just asking that question indicates open eyes and a recognition of the truth. I suppose that personal responsibility falls into the category of "God looks on the heart"...Each person who was involved knows what their motives and intentions were. We all have certain experiences in common but yet, each of us had an overall unique experience...the "highest" that I ever climbed on the waytree, was that of being an area coordinator with corps status...when I left, I felt somewhat guilty for all those that I led into the the cult...but I also felt good for the honest concern and caring I had for people...it's a mixed bag...guilt by association? ...life's too short to condemn myself for the good intentions I had...

We go through life accumulating various experiences...I think about those people who have been to war, or to prison, or lost family members in the sunami, or some other horrible experience...it gives me a better perspective of what I have to deal with. Like most people, I live with a certain degree of guilt for certain things that I have done in my life...In all honesty, I have no feelings of guilt for the things I did in twi...regret?, yes. Guilt?, no. During that chapter of my life, I was honestly trying to do God's will...By seperating the evil of the cult from my own intentions, I am able to distinguish the difference (for me personally), between the things that I should feel genuinely guilty about and the things that I shouldn't feel guilty about...In all honesty, MOST of the folks involved with both being on staff or out in the field of screams...were victims. The insideousness of twi was that they took advantage of a lot of really good people who meant well.