GreaseSpot Cafe

Comp Nerd Needed

Hills Bro

What causes your printer to scramble words when you print documents or forms from a website i.e. NYS Tax forms?

I have Adobe Acrobat 7. I have Mcaffee Security Suite 2005. It seems to print ok for the first page but when I need to print multiple pages those pages are scrambled.

My sales Tax is due tomorrow confused.gif

Yeesh!

Sometimes some characters come across as printer control characters.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your printer installed. I don't know what kind of printer you have, so I can't tell you where to get the drivers.

If all else fails, print 1 page at a time.

Hills - it's not the computer - it's the printer. How old is it? Sounds like a memory issue - some of the older printers just can't handle a big dump of info that some of the newer computers can crank out. When an old printer gets filled to overflowing they end up speaking in tongues (printing in digbat fonts)...

If your computer is networked to another printer, try printing to that one. If not, and you have another printer in the house, see if you can set it up to print. Steve had a good suggestion about printing one page at a time - also, make sure you don't have a lot of other applications open when you print. That could make a difference... Finally, you could also try printing at the local library, if they have computer access.

Good luck!

Don't know if this is actually the same thing, but

I had an older HP printer that developed this habit, and it would do it in the middle of a print job, usually. It printed garbage on the top line of the paper. Usually it worked over half a dozen sheets or so before I could unplug the darn thing.

The new printer has never done this. You could have a problem with the printer itself.

Compaq A1500 printer. Its a three in one. Fax, scanner and printer. Its about 3 years old.

I got my needed tax forms at a nearby accountants office. He was kind enough to give me the necessary forms. Thanks for the help. I tried printing one copy at a time. No Go. Maybe its time to blow this thing up.