GreaseSpot Cafe

Gas fir my car

likeaneagle

Went home to Indiana over Memorial Day week-end, and gas here was $2.05 per gallon. Saw it as high as $2.15 per gallon on the way there (mostly through Wisconsin), and once I reached southern Indiana -- it was $1.81 per.

Today (here in Minney-soda) it is $2.08. I say open up Alaska for oil drilling, and let's forget the turban wearing *oil czars* that are dictating to US (read U.S.) what to pay for oil.

Belle -- save your money. Don't convert. If you're not happy with your gas mileage -- get a Toyota, Honda, etc., that gets 30 plus miles to the gallon. And the hybrid cars have had nothing but problems (from what I've heard), so if I were you -- I would stick with the internal combustion engine which burns straight gasoline.

David

Actually, nowadays its the oil speculators that determine the price for oil, instead of OPEC and Co. Even when OPEC is cranking out more oil with the goal of influencing the price downward, the oil speculators don't pay that much attention to them anymore.

icon_frown.gif:(-->

And for some real sobering info. just listen to Boone Pickens for a minute or two.

According to him even the supposed "inexhaustable" oil fields of the middle East have past their peak. We've used up a good deal of the easy-to-get oil, and from now on, it's gonna be "pay up or do without".

Pickens claims that $3.00/gal. gas is a dead certainty this year and that $40/barrel oil is history, never to be seen again, and that there will be a sizeable shortfall in the oil available in the U.S. versus demand. Economics 101 anybody?

He is correct in that, although half of a helluva lot is still a helluvalot!

A partnership with Russia might not be such a bad idea - they've got oil, but no technology to get it out.

No more pipelines, please. Use the "old fashioned" tankers and make them safer. The present pipeline is threatened by global warming...permafrost isn't so permanent these days.

There's 30 years worth of oil on the Al north slope we can't drill because of the environmentalists. There's hundreds of years worth of oil shale in Canada. Of course, none of it will be touched until the investors see the price of oil go up to where they make a decent profit.