GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Pictionary

Raf

LOL ... this must be rebellion ... sky cap can only go with one movie I know of ... it was just on showtime (free preview). But it would have been hard for me to figure sky cap from that, I would have guessed conductor ... and I still don't see quite how Bo fits in, unless it's her skin color. The cartoon is Tom Terrific and his mighty wonder dog Manfred...I'd forgotten what they looked like but remembered Tom's cool hat.

Linda, saving the pic under a different name on my computer only allows me to put the pictures up as thumbnails here, as far as I know. I think you have to put them on a web site to link directly to them here so they show full size. My isp doesn't even give me web space at the moment ... there are probbly some free ones out there, but it is sort of a hassle to go through all that.

So if we are going to use properties, then the puzzle is in making the words sound less like the movie. Lawn Gould Boy is The Long Goodbye. The title is hidden more by the words sounding less like the movie and the movie being more obscure. That can be fun too, but I don't see the point in bothering with the pictures. (Although if you don't use properties it add a level of complexity I guess) Of course George still got it, presumably without using properties, so it is probably good as a handicap for George and Raf to have to figure out the pics AND still have it be difficult. :biglaugh:

Edited by rhino

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I truly don't know this movie - but I can list the pics - i'll wait.

I've learned that you all use Bo Derek because she had so many skimpy bathing suits in the movie "Ten" so she fits for "ten, then, etc."

Andy McDowell - again - a reason for a boob shot - but her name goes for "and the" because almost no one knows too many of the movies she's been in.

So, I've learned y'alls code for some of this stuff.

ok looks like - is this even a movie???

(sky) captain (cap-ten) and the (andy) Prince (fingerprint) of (dove) tomorrow (Tom Murrow)

Sky Captain and the Prince of Tomorrow??????"

never heard of it or anything like it - but I can't check cuz it's against the rules...

hey Rhino - "lawn" wasn't in those properties - it was "turf" did that on purpose

Edited by doojable

OK, ten .. that makes sense, I was thinking tan ... well, I was thinking nipple actually LOL

Yeah dooj, you can do stuff like turf instead of nipple, I mean instead of boob ... darn .. instead of lawn. That hides it a little. But did you really get sky cap without looking at boobs ... err, I mean without checking out nipples ... shoot ... without checking properties? :dance:

I know the answer and I think you guys do to... George, I would've guessed skycap without the properties... but I still disagree that it 'automatically' gives you the answer... look at some of the pictures we've had...

without the properties I wouldn't have known that the picture was a liver not a brain or some other organ (I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV)... without the properties I wouldn't have known that was a towel instead of a blanket... and towel and brain did not give the title, I still had to put together the clues and figure it out...

and I don't like you calling me a cheater.

OK, ten .. that makes sense, I was thinking tan ... well, I was thinking nipple actually LOL

Yeah dooj, you can do stuff like turf instead of nipple, I mean instead of boob ... darn .. instead of lawn. That hides it a little. But did you really get sky cap without looking at boobs ... err, I mean without checking out nipples ... shoot ... without checking properties? :dance:

Rhino - I didn't get "skycap" right off the bat. I had to think about various synonyms because I knew he wasn't a conductor.

so:

Sky Nipples and the Prince Of Tomorrow?

for the record - I never heard that you couldn't use the properties button. I have used it in the past - but I won't anymore - can we end that now and play?????

Rhino - I didn't get "skycap" right off the bat. I had to think about various synonyms because I knew he wasn't a conductor.
Well, that is why I like to see other people's guesses about the clues ... no way I would have thought of sky cap ... I'd still have to google it to know what it is. And most actors pics don't bring up a name for me. I think we already went thru this discussion before.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Edited by rhino

Dooj, you're very close, just missing one word. Instead of the whole fingerprint, think of a FEATURE of the fingerprint. Admittedly, this is not a word in common usage.

I try to make my pictionaries sound as close to the title as possible, without necessarily using the exact words of the title. For instance, if I were to do "Ordinary People," I might choose the words OAR, DEAN, ERIE, PEEP, and PULL. I would probably NOT use WORD, AND, HAIRY, and PURPLE.

Tom, if you want to use the properties (and your heart condemneth you not), go ahead. Just please don't post clues that you've discovered that way. It ruins the fun for me. Frankly, there's an even EASIER way to get the answer. I wrote about it many pages ago.

George

Wel, Rhino just posted the answer while I was pontificating.

The fingerprint contains WHORLs.

You're up, Rhino.

Thumper

strike

back

"The Empire Strikes Back?"

I didn't use properties here - started with Thumper - cuz I saw the movie as a kid. then went to "bowl" - but changed it to "strike" after the last clue - back. Tripod???? My my Tom, you can be strange.... :huh: :thinking:

"The Empire Strikes Back?"

I didn't use properties here - started with Thumper - cuz I saw the movie as a kid. then went to "bowl" - but changed it to "strike" after the last clue - back.

Good one dooj ... I was going for strikes with the repeating strike ... your turn again ...

I would really like to see "Thumper Strikes Back" ... kinda a follow up on the killer rabbit from Monty Python was it?

Edited by rhino