GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Pictionary

Raf

Crazy For You

CRAYfish

Catherine ZEta Jones

Fantastic FOUR

Wants YOU

I'd disqualify "Zeta" as being some way to get the "Zee" sound, primarily because it's not even a "Zee" sound. It's a "Zay" sound.

I'm not nuts about the Saw Knife Red Engine, either. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand how people get these answers when the clues are so totally bogus and reprobate. These clues should not be allowed to come to twig any more. Have these clues been abundantly sharing? How long are they going to be allowed to come to twig without signing up for PFAL?

The shawshank redemption

btw, these clues are totally gay and I demand they straighten up ... :blink:

I'd disqualify "Zeta" as being some way to get the "Zee" sound, primarily because it's not even a "Zee" sound. It's a "Zay" sound.

I'm not nuts about the Saw Knife Red Engine, either. :)

well MR. COMMISSIONER who only occasionaly graces us with his presence... in the first place, it's not a "knife", well it is, but it's a "shank"... as for the red engine... what would you use for redemption? got anything better to suggest...

The fun of these (IMO) is "sounding them out" and then making the jump, small though it may be, to the title... but the one with the crawdad I couldn't get. To me, it's harder when you have to "drop" part of the clue to get to the answer... c'mon, what movie title sounds like "duh saws shank red engine"??? ...that's not too big a leap is it?

You're up Rhino!

(is anyone going to answer Chas' post on 'Name that flick'?)

Edited by Tom Strange

Well, I don't know about you distinguished gentlemen in this august body think, but I'd rather sit here and sound out the words to this pictionary for hours, days if I have to, before I can determine whether or not it's all right. Days, I tell ya. Mary! Mary! Don't you recognize me? I can't read the danged Oscar teleprompter!

I've been gone all day.

"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

The periodic table was broken up into

Alkali and alkaline earth metals -- blue -- use s-orbitals

Transition metals -- red -- d-orbitals

Nonmetals (mostly) -- yellow -- p-orbitals

Lanthanides and actinides -- green -- f-orbitals

George

Yes George, and thanks for the explanation ...

Someone explain Mr. Smith goes to Washington, please.

I guessed it (look at my post and you'll see). But I don't get the horse.

It's just too easy if everything is perfect. But if you say

"ghost ewe horse sing tin" fast it is pretty darn close. If I made it

"wash sing ton" ... how many movies are there with washington at the end? Mixer blacksmith was enough to make it too easy, though I thought there were options other than mixer, as dooj listed.

Since you and George and Tom got it ... I guess it was too easy. I should have used porsche maybe lol I guess there are ways to be more clever, but that is as clever as I get. And btw raf, the last couple times you answered you didn't put up a puzzle as I recall. It does take a little effort, so I guess that is why you and Tom don't like to bother, but prefer to show that you know without answering.

There is a certain reward in the game of being the first to get it, but here often a couple people get it first, then want someone to come along and do the chore of the next puzzle. Then new players come along but they get harassed for not having perfect enough clues, even though people get the answer ... I need that explained to me ... LOL

I miss topper ... and what happened to Mary Poppins? I don't get the nagging, especially when you answer and don't even put up a puzzle.

Also, it might make a difference to know that many people say Washington like worshington ... midwesterners mostly I guess. So some proper speaking englander types might be more cornfused by that ... I say Wash sometimes (with the "ah" sound) I guess ... unless talking to local folks ... so you have dialects to deal with too, which just makes the game more interesting ...

Edited by rhino