GreaseSpot Cafe

offshoots.... splinters..... what have you....

excathedra

I can speed read after a fashion, but have never taken a course. Reikilady can testify that she's seen me pick up her college textbooks, and in just a few minutes have all the information in a given chapter absorbed, and able to explain it. It's nothing special, just takes practice.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God first

Beloved Excathedra

God bless your heart

I have read some of this tread so my answer will have been wrote before so I am just adding to what has been wrote

are they a stepping stone ?

I believe all things work, Churches, (the Way and its offshots plus all other churches )boards, family, friends are stepping stones to get closer to God and his son

are they of god ?

Did God set any thenm up I do not know but he got you into some to help you grow

are they a counterfeit ?

depends on the hearts of each person so I am not sure

are they a cult ?

some are but a cult in today world could be a good thing but not all

how can you tell ?

By asking God by way of Jesus the Christ and having God look at the hearts of the people

if twi is "bad," what makes an offspring "good"

I do not think twig is bad but what I believe what is bad the missused of loving trig people my power hungry evil people some leadership

curious what you all think

I love all of you

is one needed for a transitional departure ?

Only thing needed is one on one fellowship with God by way of Jesus the son

a lifetime ?

no sure what you mean

how does wierwille fit into the mix ?

As a power hungry fasle leader but I do not think he was bad in the beginning but that power went to his head fast he got puff up

are they better / worse / either / neither / than a church ?

All the same Its depends on the heart of each person were he or she fits best

As for me I have a hard time finding a place to feel at home most churches out one of my beliefs and begin teaching against it

is it just an individual walk with god

yes

but who am I

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

You make some very good points Roy, and ask some important questions...

If twi was bad, what makes the splinter groups good?...

...Some people believe that what twi taught, was good, but the leadership turned bad.

...Others thought that what twi taught was baloney as well as thinking that the leadership was "out to lunch".

...And then there is a third group that thinks the leaders were "out to lunch", but what they taught, although not totally correct, had some very sound teachings mixed in with the baloney.

So...I suppose it's a natural evolution of seperating, as people go in different directions, all distinguishing themselves with their own little "niche" of Christian specialty, their own variation. But you're right Roy, when you said "depends on the hearts of each person so I am not sure"...That's exactly right! God doesn't look at organizations...He looks on the hearts of individuals. I'm sure that each of the splinter groups, as well as members of any church in America, are good people...people with faith. People who live with the spirit of God within..When we all stand before God, I doubt that nametags will impress Him.

God first

Beloved GrouchoMarxJr

God bless your heart

the questions come from what Excathedra use to begin this tread I just use the keys for copy Ctrl c and the keys to add it Ctrl V putting it in my reply so I could try to answer them

But yes its the heart that God see's

thanks