GreaseSpot Cafe

"Prevailing Word" Refers to Expansion

I'm a new poster here in the Forums and wanted to begin in the doctrinal section because my heart is to always be, first and foremost, Word centered. That being said, thank you for your considerations of this topic:

"The Prevailing Word" is what twi says they are living in since LCM received the revelation that W.O.W. was accomplished. I was at that weird lunch when he abruptly announced it, and walked out of the dining room. Later he explained that we were now in what would be the living version of Act's 7th section - where "So Mightily Grew The Word of God (the Lord) and Prevailed" - the pinnacle section of Acts.

According to LCM's own teachings regarding Rise and Expansion - and the 8 great concluding summary statements, there were (2) parts to Acts 19:20, one that summarizes Rise - "So Mightily Grew the Word of the Lord..." and one part that summarizes EXPANSION - "And Prevailed."

So where am I going with this?

We just left twi a few months back. This was a question I had for years, (even when in leadership positions).

Why is it that, if twi is now in the 7th section, where the Word prevails, why is it not prevaling in twi's EXPANSION???

Further, if twi folks were sharp on these teachings, and genuinely looking at the fruit, wouldn't it be blatantly obvious that their expansion results barely meet "added to the church" status of the 1st section (where about 3,000 were added)? Prevailing is supposed to be absolutely superior - IN EXPANSION RESULTS.

According to their own doctrinal teachings (which I don't totally disagree with on this topic) why is it NO ONE brings it up?

Their foundational class new students are so often just 12 year old children of grads. Where is the Prevailing Expansion when 5 new people graduate from The Way Corps? When the STS at HQ's is pretty empty? When the AC Special is, reportedly, down about 400 people from the previous one?

Why is it that spiritually "seeing" people cannot see that nothing in twi shows prevailing fruit?

I probably have more questions for you than answers, Patriot.

Why does no one in TWI ask the questions you ask? I don't know. You apparently left TWI voluntarily. Perhaps people don't ask because they fear, rightly or wrongly, that they will have to leave involuntarily? I don't know.

I do know what groupthink is, though. It suppresses the inquisitive in all of us. We all nod and cheer and clap and smile and say Bless You and Love You round here, to the point that no one gets up and says, "But 'Needs and Wants Parallel' doesn't actually mean anything."

No one gets up and says, "But the Bible says the spirit was formed!"

No one gets up and says, "How are we prevailing when I have to bribe my kids to take this new, horrifyingly inappropriate class?"

No one gets up and says, "You have usurped the authority of Jesus Christ in my life and I am not going to stand for it one day longer!"

And maybe someone should.

Patriot,

I also welcome you to these forums!

I imagine your questions are rhetorical, as it seems you already know or suspect the answers to them.

The Way's version of The Word is simply that...their version.

The Word isn't over the World, inasmuch as the Way's version is not known to be available in every community on the planet. Honestly, The Way International is barely known in the communities where they are.

TWI folks are not sharp - at least, the ones who continue to embrace the organization's doctrine of "like-minded" unquestioning adherance to their "teachings". They reject the day-by-day lordship of Jesus Christ and substitute arrogant, head-puffing Word-knowledge in its place.

IMHO, this is the result of decades-long careful indoctrination, which results in the "black-is-white, up-is-down, we're-right-and-everybody-else-is wrong" mentality which many of us are endeavoring to discard.

• 3 weeks later...

Patriot,

WELCOME!!

I don't wander down these parts too often.... generally the discussions seem to be over my head.

I *did* ask those questions. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Shock, Shock!

I was told that we in TWI are the remnant.

Even Paul was deserted by everyone near the end of his life.

Even Jesus had only the few faithful disciples and even they deserted him.

Blah, blah blah.... Sad thing is that they never saw the irony and completely opposing teachings. If you're going to teach "remnant" then you can't teach "expansion"....unless you're teaching TWIts, I guess...

BTW, I just learned that they are teaching from Craig's Rise and Expansion Book right now!

They're going through the foundation for rise and expansion, the disciples multiplied and growing etc. They still consider it the "best" research on the Book of Acts, you know?

Now.....where's that puke icon??

def,

This is what was always quoted to me when I mentioned how much TWI was shrinking:

quote:
2Ti 4:11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.

Told that everyone had deserted him over time.