GreaseSpot Cafe

denial

smurfette

Hey all. In the doctrinal section there is a thread that brings up that twit, even by their very own definition, is not "prevailing" Some could see it and would not question it. I would say most see it and then deny it.

This holds true in many categories of teaching. For instance, the all 9 all the time...If that was true, they should be seeing miracles left and right and actually get word of knowledge to help restore twit's "prevailing" position.

Why do you think they either see it and deny it or don't see it at all. ANYONE should be able to see how dead and dull things are by now, right? Or have twits restored a fake image of excitement?

Edited by smurfette

If leadership is able to successfully spin everything so it sounds like it's coming up roses* all the time, then the "disciples" will hang around waiting for "the next big thing", thinking they are doing God's will, and will keep sending their $$ to HQ. Simple as that.

The spin part is easy - Prevailing is defined as sugar-coating even the simplest of facts so that they seem real and exciting. For example: There are five people in a Way Disciple family. They go witnessing 40 hours a week and "speak" (this isn't defined as getting a name and phone number like it was with the WOW program - you could just say, "Hi. Nice weather," and it would count!) to approx. 100 people. They get three people to take the class in that year - that's it. Their assignment is for one year. The "prevailing" spin on this would be:

"And one family in Atlanta, GA spoke the spoke the Present Truth to over 5,200 residents of that city in one year's time! They spent over 900 hours witnessing the Word of God and undershepherding new disciples into the Promised Land of the Prevailing Word!"

Notice those nice fat numbers? Notice the LACK of the NUMBER of CLASSES and NUMBER of GRADS that are mentioned? What they don't say is that there was only a .06% success rate. Of course the lack of success could easily be blamed on some weakness that someone in that WD family had or the hardheartedness of the members of that city, or whatever.

Anyhow, that's my take on it - of course some innies don't want to be in but are in situations that are far more complicated, but overall TWI is still selling the same spiritual snake oil.

(*"I know you like to think your sh-t don't stink, but lean a little bit closer and even roses smell like doo-do-do" (lyrics) Roses by Outkast)

...But, c'mon you guys, doncha know the cup is always half full...never half empty. Spin, spin, spin...I can hear Rozilla speaking to the masses at the roa...whoops sorry, there is no roa anymore...actually, there's no more masses either. Well, be that as it may...the word IS over the world...they have succeeded! Now it must prevail!!! Pay no attention to the condition that the world is in today...twi has claimed the victory! It's only a matter of time before Jesus hisself shows up (with Veepee Wierwille at his side)...to pin the home coming way disciple family members as Claudette sings "Precocious Lord" in the background.

I need a beer.

Smurfette, I think they shift their standard of prevailing so far off center that what your typical person would consider a prevailing, successful life is so far from realistic or attainable for them that just having a junker car that doesn't break down but maybe twice a month is considered prevailing.

TWIts are told over and over again that they CAN get those red drapes and have material abundance, BUT in the very next teaching they are taught that having "da verd" is the TRUE abundance in life. Having spiritual wisdom is considered the true litmus test of abundance to them. They have the corner market on the truth, so they are already prevailing.

They are told that people are in debt up to their eyeballs to live like they do. They think that if those same people weren't in debt they would be living like they do. It's just not true. I have a mortgage, a nice 401K, a very nice car, a wonderful AKC registered dog for whom I also pay for lessons and contests, I've travelled quite a bit this year and I'M NOT IN DEBT. I manage my money well and I pay all my bills on time and I DON'T live beyond my means. My credit score is 790. I'm not the only one. There are lots of people who live very well and manage their money well but TWI won't tell you about those people. They are full of lies.

How to get your family to see that? I dunno. Maybe by pointing out to them how important it is to have a nice retirement fund, a house so you don't have to worry about working till you die just to pay rent, how much money you would save by buying/financing a newer model car that doesn't need anything more than regular maintenance.....things like that. TWIts always worry about money because there never seems to be enough of it to just cover the basics. They can't really see into the future because they are so burdened by the present.

If you don't buy a house, then you have to have TWICE the retirement funds of someone who DOES own their house or has at least a few more years of reasonable payments left. That alone should scare people into wanting to buy a house. How to get people to see that.....I really don't know but it's a good question.