GreaseSpot Cafe

Contemporary Christian Praise Music

Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Recently, I have been listening to Cd´s and records from Way Productions and comparing them

to CCM CD´s and DVD´s from Integrity´s Worship

Together Series, whose artists include Hillsongs, Graham Kendrick, Chris Tomlin, Delirious, Newsboys, Twilla Parris, Don Moen, Ron Kenoly, Matt Redman, John Tesh, Rebecca St. James, etc. How do you all feel about them? Are they the same quality as Pressed Down, Good Seed, Joyful Noise, etc? Comments are welcomed as this would have been the time in the 70´s we would be attending ROA(another thread along with

Friend Tracker on Pressed Down, Shaken Together,

and Running Over). Just curious.

Where's Joe Fair, Ralph Graham, Brian Bliss, Dean Ellenwood, Cliff Adelman, Paolo Dionisio,

Ted Ferrell and others? Come guys, let's hear your opinion about this. Also, what about taking Way Productions music and setting it to DVD format, Like Ted's The White House Across The Street? Why should VH1, MTV, CMT, and now

Integrity/Hosanna Music be the only ones doing this?

Edited by thomasloybumgarner

I have to admit that I find it hard to top Goodseed’s first two albums and the secular one. They have an energy and enjoyment to them that seems lacking a great deal of the old way productions that came after. In addition, most of their music praise God or thanked God, while the later music seem to focus on how great we were in following the word. Selah and others kept the focus on God. That changed as time went on. That isn’t to say the problem wasn’t there earlier. The “we are it” attitude first shows up that I know of in the song OHIO on the Miles of Smiles albums.

As far as which I like better, contemporary Christian or the old Way Productions stuff? I would have to say that the production values are higher on the Contemporary Christian music today, but as to words, I have to pick and choose in both, They all have their problems.

I'm attempting to get a copy of Pressed Down so I can converse intelligently with you, TLB. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I don't listen to the Christian radio station here much, but I do like the song about cartoon characters getting saved. Wasn't there a guy at the ROA who used to do excellent impersonations? I think I remember hearing about him.

There's also a song about the resurrection with the words, "You can't keep a good man down" in it. I like that one too.