GreaseSpot Cafe

The Purpose of making churches like the Way

year2027

Exactly, Roy! icon_smile.gif:)--> With most any orgainized religion you're able to see through the "teachings" to the pleas for money. Would that they would be more honest about just wanting money like the joke about the bum on the corner with the sign he wants money for alcohol research.

Roy, I agree.. but the worst don't stop there.

Some make themselves the way they are:

to demand your loyalty, time, commitment, blood, sweat and tears.

Some want your children, and will merely put up with you, or go to extraordinary lengths to get them. The only chance for survival often is to recruit the next generation.

The Vey was just another church. An abusive one, for sure..

Interesting.. haven't thought about it for a while, but..

Der Vey would recieve my kids into their little cornfield outfit, with open arms, if they could. No pressure, no confrontation, no commitment, at least at the beginning.

They tried. Un friggin believable.

My kids know about the abuse, the abusive doctrine, and the abusers in that stupid organization, and others like it. They can see the stupidity- thank God.

Der Vey doesn't stand a chance.

They are doomed, and they know it.. the next generation is running away from that as fast as they can.

Chef, I agree. That's why I said "MOST" wink2.gif;)-->

Sure churches are good for some people. Some of my fondest memories growing up are from church activities.

And yeah, they need money to operate, but I feel that IF they are doing their job then people are giving from a pure heart and because they want to, not because they have to listen to teachings on it consistently. If a church is preaching about money and tithing and giving all the time then they should look at what needs the church isn't meeting instead of trying to pound doctrine into their brains.

God first

Beloved Belle, Coolchef1248@adelphia.net, and Mr Hammeroni

God loves all of yall my friends

thanks

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

PS they talk about George Muller who raised about 10,000 kids without asking for money but just trusting God for each days need

Why could not a church just trust God and stop begging

quote:
PS they talk about George Muller who raised about 10,000 kids without asking for money but just trusting God for each days need

Yes he did, and that is the big difference between him, and these modern day outfits (twi included).

George Mueller belived in God's ability to do, and everyone else seems to believe in *their ability to do*.

You go to the source for your support, and if ya go to the source of humanity, you will end up begging forever for them to give.

If you don't go to the Father, it's like a, it's like a, it's like ----

hmmm -- why am I thinking of *broken cisterns* all of a sudden?? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

David

God first

Beloved David

God bless your loving hearts

broken cisterns So that is why they break up and lose believers every so many years or so

I wonder how many leaks are in their cisterns that they are try-ing to close with lies

having fun here

thanks

God first

Beloved Def59

God bless your heart

I do not know

But I can say I am not greedy I all so say after knowing you Def59 that you are not greedy either

I guess I see giving as stewardship to take care of the lights and etc

But if everyone in most churches of 1,000 people gave 1.00 a month you have a $1,000.00

In using a building that would hold 3,000 people would not cost for Elec, water, gas and tel the $1,000.00 a month

But if some one has a building that would be the size of a chuch tell me about what it would run for bills

but no labor because the member could share the work

Now the repairs would cost extra when needed

But a new roof would be less than $20,000.00 costing $20.00 a person extra the month its needed

Even if you had to build a new church

It cost would not be over 1,000,000.00 being would be no more than 1,000.00 a person

Could be reach in 12 months for less than 100.00 a person per month or 25.00 for week per person

There would extra and it could be used to rent space until its build