GreaseSpot Cafe

Cr@ppy meeting leaders

Steve!

Okay, Chas. icon_smile.gif:)-->

You just reminded me of one of Moneyhand's tirades. We had the AC on the field and, as people are wont to do after sitting and listening to b.s. for the whole freaking day, we were ready to get the heck out of dodge and go to bed. Well....some people clicked their 3-ring binders while they were putting their pages back in their binder. You'd a thought someone had jumped on stage and sprayed tar all over everyone.

Bob went into the biggest hissy fit and talked about going "spiritually cold". Yelled at us for a good 15-20 minutes about how rude, wrong and ignorant that was. Then he told us that he had some great spiritual insight to share that NOW we weren't going to get to hear because of these people. Well, I was ****** at those folks.....

We coulda listened to this "great spirital insight" and been outta there 20 minutes earlier if they had just kept quiet. Kind of like in the meeting you're ready to end and some jerk keeps asking stupid questions....

And then there was the time while in the class control room he got some great revelation and had P@ul Bro0ks stop the class! so he could go up there and go on and on for about 20 minutes about how great craig was and how he started with the foundational class and how we can be that great too if we just apply ourselves....

Yeppers! Decent and in order

Hey Belle, I was at both those meetings and I remember his dumbass tirade about the binders. He was such an foot. I actually felt embarrassed for him.

He seemed to me to be a miserable person who has wasted many of his prime years on ...... nothingness.

Insanity comes to mind when I think of some of those old geezers like Moneyhands and Brooks who have committed their whole being to TWI, missing out on golden opportunities elsewhere.

1974 on the WOW field in Erie, PA a CORPS WOW Rover sent directly from HQ, name was Wayne??? of the Family Corps.

He was known to run twig fellowship meetings all night, until day break. Seriously! I was in one of those cultish nightmares. We finished up at around 6am. I had to go to work at 7:30.

He also tried and failed to heal Richard C*** of his blindness in front of the whole branch, even though Richard was not seeking healing at that time. He was so embarrassed as he was singled out and had to stand up.

He also slept around while roving, even though his wife was with him.

Several red flags, yet I stayed for 26 more years! Dumb me.

I was in a meeting once where it was near Thanksgiving and we (twig cordos) had to read these scriptures about thanks and thankfulness (nessnessness).

The mood was real serious for some reason and one of the scriptures was in Nehemiah and it referred to "those that gave thanks" and the last phrase in the scripture was something about the "dung gate".

After it was read everybody wanted to laugh, but the leader was real serious and nobody laughed. Maybe you had to be there, but in recollection, it was funny.

Oh GAWD those d*m n phone hookups!!

Did everyone else have to listen to the services on crappy crackling, popping, barely audible reception because they were too cheap and too.... something to let each place call in? We had as many as five phone lines on one friggin hookup! There was a "system" of who called who on three way calling so that everyone would be on the one phone call.

Eventually I quit going because I got a headache from the peripheral noise and straining to hear anything.....okay, I never strained to hear, but it sounded good with the excuse to not go. icon_razz.gif:P--> Besides that, it took all friggin day! Get there an hour early to set up....listen to b.s. for two hours...."socialize" and talk about how "blessed" you were for an hour.....another hour to put everything away. All in the middle of the day nonetheless. Heck, the Baptists don't even require that much of your time!!

NASCAR I don't mind giving that much time to, but that doesn't require set up (unless you count icing down the beer).

The most EMBARASSING meeting was when a leader insisted at a state meeting that we all do the *Father Aberaham* song complete with all of the assinine motions.

I was MORTIFIED....It was my first limb meeting, I had just arrived on the wow field, we were at a public place...a state park....and here was 80 or so adults all are acting certifiably insane.

I was of course reproved for not being enthusiastic enough, as the lc obviously had a good reason that me with my lack of spirituality couldn`t understand...ie we needed to wake up and get the blood circulating....

My goodness what an embarassment.