GreaseSpot Cafe

BG Leonard Holy Spirit Class

Hi Gang,

I was recently invited to participate in this..The person that told me about it says VP got his info from this man, and his church.

Has anyone heard about it or taken it? What's it all about anyway? I am a little skeptical about the whole thing...Any anfo is appreciated.

Rachel

I took it several times & enjoyed having Rev. & Mrs.Leonard as a houseguests for 3 weeks.

The seminar is called "The Gifts of the Spirit". It would be a stretch to say that VP got his info from it. But he got a lot from it. It was the original concept for his class, Piffle. By the time you and i took it, it had changed substantially.

I enjoyed the leonard class immensely, particularly Leonard himself. I don't agree with everything in it by any means, nevertheless, it's a great and very original piece of work.

I've heard nothing but good things about this.

If I were at all willing to sit through another (*shudder!*) class, this would be the one I'd take.

Oh, I remember you - you were never with TWI but you were dating B*ll Gr**ne's son, right?

So you wouldn't recognize references like Maggie Muggins, Herman Bulloco, Johnny Jumpup and Snowball Pete - these were all "characters" in docvic's(praise be his name) piffle class, "borrowed" from B. G. Leonard's earlier class.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended several fellowhsips of Leonard's and found him to be quite detracting. While leading songs he would stop in the middle of a verse to make sure "no one got possessed" while singing. Apparently he was "possessed" while singing one time because the devil would not let him stop singing, and vowed he would never allow it again. Every song was a drudge to get through. Imagine singing God Bless America, and after every few words an abrupt stop, then a quick start....extremely annoying.

I felt he was obsessed with devil possession. It was either prophecy or intrepretation of tongues that was allowed in his meetings, but not the other one, can't remember which now. According to Leonard one was God talking to the meeting, but you had to be careful with the other because it was too easy for the devil to possess the person and deliver a false message. Th person doing it had to be very spiritual before using it to make sure heor she did not become possessed, and apparently no one in the meeting met those qualifications.

It was kind of different how Montana was introduced to Leonard. VPW had just died and our Limb guy, St*ve S*nn learned Leonard was in the state and got ahold of him. S*ann equated B.G. to a "founder of the church" because VPW had taken his class and his picture was hanging in the WOW auditoriam.

S*nn was so impressed with him he had all the Corp in the state take the gifts class. Of course they didn't have the money themselves, so the state got to 'sponsor' the corp thru the class...another blessing for us. The class ran two or three weeks, and on the weekends Leonard did public fellowhsips. S*nn suggested the rest of us attend, so most did.

S*nn also convinced B.G to attend the ROA that summer. My understanding was LCM was a bit upset because Leonard didn't follow the correct protocol and present himself before LCM at the proper time, or some such thing. Also B.G. wasn't too impressed with the ROA. Never did get too much of the details.

Looking back Leonard just seemed like another guy with a bible class to sell. He also said Jesus Christ would return in 2000 or 2001.

Edited by Stayed Too Long

• 18 years later...

I have been looking for teaching by BG Leonard and every time I Googled his name I ended up here. :)
I was not familiar with the Way, aside from hearing the name, prior.

I am really most interested in somehow accessing Rev. Leonard's teaching on the gifts of the Spirit, which is why I kept on ending up here.

Does anyone know anywhere on-line to access either the original Leonard or copied (?) teachings on the gifts of the Spirit?

Thanks, all!

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/20688-bg-leonard/#comment-643346

Did you really Google BG Leonard's name, come up blank for CTC of Texas (his ministry), then show up here, and cross-post the same question four times in a row on 4 different threads, including one you started just to ask the question?  (BTW, that one thread would have been sufficient to get an answer.)

The cross-posting like that is considered spamming/rude.  

Now you have the name of the group, and now you have a link to their website.

Edited by WordWolf
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RevRyan24 said:

I have been looking for teaching by BG Leonard and every time I Googled his name I ended up here. :)
I was not familiar with the Way, aside from hearing the name, prior.

I am really most interested in somehow accessing Rev. Leonard's teaching on the gifts of the Spirit, which is why I kept on ending up here.

Does anyone know anywhere on-line to access either the original Leonard or copied (?) teachings on the gifts of the Spirit?

Thanks, all!

https://ctcoftexas.com/about/

• Like 1