GreaseSpot Cafe

The Lemonade Stand

laleo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I have a REAL problem defining what was endured by some of us as simply *lemons* for somebody to add a little bit of sugar to make a nice refreshing beverage to serve up for everyone to enjoy.

A little sugar coating I guess can make almost anything platable I guess.

Hi Laleo,

quote:
But others have found something good, and I'd like to hear what they kept.
Born again of God's spirit, very appreciative of God's love, know that I know that I know, not tossed too and fro with every wind of doctrine, speaking in tongues daily.

To name a few...

index.jpg

Lesseee lemonade mix...

1 cup lemon juice (plagerism of others works will do)

1 cup freshly squeazed lemons (doctrine allowing rampant adultery and fornication is an acceptable substitute)

1 cup lemon pulp (child abuse and molestation can be used when in season)

1 cup whole lemons (rampant abuse at leaderships hand, sanctified by scriptural back up)

Mix together, add in a splash of forced abortions in service to God, a quart of water er extortion of personal finances and services add sugar (principles of research or knowledge of scriptures are acceptible) and serve CHILLED .... (the cold bodies of those destroyed by adherance to twi doctine works nicely)...and Voila!

In my opinion ...there ain`t enough sugar on the planet to counter the bitterness of that drought :-(

Like I said, it seems to me to minimalise what was endured, and make it somehow more acceptible by terming it *lemons* and that if we were at all nice, we TOO would just take these sour fruit and turn them into something nice.

quote:
But others have found something good, and I'd like to hear what they kept.
Here are a few others:

being able to pick up a bible and actually enjoy it;

good biblical comprehension;

God is light, in Him is no darkness at all;

believing that the dead are dead awaiting the return;

believing that abortion isn't murder;

believing God and Jesus are two separate entities (although I believed this before twi biblically confirmed it)

RES%20Desk%202.jpg

rascal: Do you have any idea how offensive you are? You are speaking for others. You are telling others what happened to them (whether it happened or not). You are telling others what to think about it (whether they think it or not). You are telling people what they were exposed to (whether they were exposed to it or not). And, worst of all, you do a disservice to those who stumbled, those who fell, by telling them they can't get back up. To listen to you, anyone who experienced any misery while in TWI is stuck in it and with it forever. The only remedy, the only hope of redemption, is to wallow in vindictiveness, to destroy what you imagine destroyed you.

"The bitterness of drought." If that's where you are and want to stay, so be it. But don't drag me there with you, because I'm not going.

Consider this: There are people who were/are in TWI who listened to the same teachings you did and did not become "rampant fornicators and adulterers." They did not abuse their own or anyone else's children. And when "forced" to have an abortion, turn in a schedule, give more and more money, take more and more classes, they said "NO."

What made the difference, rascal? What was inside of that person that helped them rise above? What did they do to "get over it"? That's what this thread is about. It isn't yet another rehashing of all that is wrong, all that went wrong, all that was never right. It is a place for others to express the goodness they found there, IF they found it.

You can post on this thread if you want to, but you are going to hear MY opinion, too. I hope you're ready for it.

Yes you can Rascal and it just proves the point that many want to deny here that threads that speak positive things about the way or exway fellowships can't happen they must be turned into abuse threads. Perhaps that big green moderator that has been moving threads around to their proper places will take notice.

Wayfer Not!, Thanks for your posts. I've enjoyed hearing your perspective, and can relate to much of what you say.

Linda: Ditto.

coolchef: So what are you doing with those bananas?

Oldiesman: The tacky decorations you hang in your posts are a distraction. They make your posts so difficult to read, it isn't worth the effort.

quote:
rascal: Do you have any idea how offensive you are? You are speaking for others. You are telling others what happened to them (whether it happened or not). You are telling others what to think about it (whether they think it or not). You are telling people what they were exposed to (whether they were exposed to it or not). And, worst of all, you do a disservice to those who stumbled, those who fell, by telling them they can't get back up. To listen to you, anyone who experienced any misery while in TWI is stuck in it and with it forever. The only remedy, the only hope of redemption, is to wallow in vindictiveness, to destroy what you imagine destroyed you.
Thumbs Up. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->icon_smile.gif:)-->

Wow. Lotza conversation here in the last couple of days. icon_smile.gif:)-->

To answer your question to me a few pages back, laleo, none of my children have any memories of TWI. Thank goodness.

To echo much of what Linda said, my family has benefitted so much from our involvement in TWI.

All of my immediate family, and much of my extended family participated in way fellowships. It brought us closer together, no doubt. We are totally comfortable worshipping, praying, yes even "witnessing" Jesus Christ together. Somehow, I don't think that would've happened if we had stayed in the catholic church. wink2.gif;)-->

And, like Linda, there aren't too many social or business situations that intimidate me. I'm totally comfortable speaking with clients one on one, or addressing a group of buisiness associates, groups at my church, no matter how large. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> That's a direct benefit of being in lotza meetings, as well as "one on one" involvement with people.

And I know tons of bible verses. icon_cool.gif

Glad you enjoyed your time there laleo, truly I wish all had been as fortunate.

I think this is relevant however, whether it offends you or not.....

It is my thought that equating what some went through as simply *lemons* that need just a little bit of sugar added to be platable as an analogy ...as being a bit oblivious to the harm that was caused....this offends me.

It`s like saying... *oh I`M sorry that you were used your children hurt and your family destroyed....but HEY I learned keys to research.... if YOU could just be a little more positive*.....

It isn`t ABOUT me trying to deny the good you recieved, I`m not........it`s about the implication that the bad wasn`t so bad because of the personal benefit some recieved.

I just don`t see God working that way or placing his seal of approval upon twi since some obviously benefited.

I just don`t think that this is a thing to be thanking God for.....your personal benefit and gain when your fellow christian was hurt grievously from the same source.

I agree, if we put nuff sugar on the whole thing maybe we can ALL enjoy the drink.

Simply my opinion, glad that I am allowed to voice it whether it meets with your personal aproval or not.

Rascal, are you really that dense? Among other things, Laleo said in the opening post to this thread:

quote:

What are your success stories? (If you don't have one, this is not the thread for you. Move along, please.)

Or is common courtesy something you can't comprehend?

rascal: I enjoyed some things about it, and miss some things about it. Whether overall I would say it was worthwhile, I don't know. The jury is still out, but I'm leaning toward, "yes, it was worthwhile."

quote:
It is my thought that equating what some went through as simply *lemons* that need just a little bit of sugar added to be platable as an analogy ...as being a bit oblivious to the harm that was caused....this offends me.

Then you've misunderstood this thread, and you also don't know me. If you're speaking specifically to me, I am not oblivious to the harm because I experienced some of the harm. This thread isn't intended as a whitewash, it is an honest evaluation (different for each individual) of what was gained, if anything. I have no argument with those who say they gained nothing. But I do have an argument with those who say they gained nothing, so therefore there was nothing of value for anyone else, either.

quote:
It isn`t ABOUT me trying to deny the good you recieved, I`m not........it`s about the implication that the bad wasn`t so bad because of the personal benefit some recieved.

Who implied that the bad wasn't so bad? Not me. And not anyone else on this thread that I can tell. In fact, just about everyone has acknowledged the bad. The central question of this thread is that despite the bad, did you find something good?

quote:
I just don`t think that is a thing to be thanking God for.....your personal benefit and gain when your fellow christian was hurt grievously.

In which case, no one has cause to be grateful for anything in this life, because there will always be pain and disappointment in this world.

Understand something, rascal. Not only was my "fellow christian hurt grievously," so was I. And so were most of the others who have posted here. But the story doesn't have to end there.

This is a sincere question, if you feel like answering it, because it's something I honestly don't understand. If you're entitled to your anger (which you are, and which I don't question), why isn't the next person just as entitled to feel grateful? In other words, if I examine my time in The Way and find something of worth, how does that diminish you, if you've examined your time there and have found nothing of value?

quote:
Simply my opinion, glad that I am allowed to voice it whether it meets with your aproval or not.

My approval or disapproval isn't the point. Threads have topics, otherwise there wouldn't be any point in starting a new one.

Rascal, on your praising or cursing thread, some people were posting things you didn't agree with. It was so important to you to keep the thread on topic in fact, that you posted the following to those posters who "helped" you keep it on topic:

quote:

Your help in keeping this thread on topic and support of attempts to express myself ..are aprecited

So when it's your thread, by golly it has to stay on topic, but you can't be courteous to someone else who want's to keep a thread THEY started on topic?

Oh, and by the way, the word is spelled appreciated.

Rascal

Maybe if we take this out of the context of the Way for just a minute it will help you to see what laleo was saying. It’s about stories of victory. Let's say a person survived cancer and someone started a thread about good things you learned from your experience with cancer. It does not diminish the bad of cancer to talk about what you learned but it just focuses rather on the good of how you got through it. Now you may have had some bad experiences also being sick, or tired, or loss of hair ect. But those would be posted on the other thread what was bad about cancer. Having a good thread does not diminish the bad and having a bad thread does not diminish the good. It is just two separate things. This is a thread about good. That’s all!

But it was ok for you and your buddies to make fun of Alan for misspelling and misusing words. Didn't see ya jumping to his defense when that was going on.

You are a bully rascal. And I am honestly just sick and tired of your crap so I called you on it. Too bad you didn't have enough class to just apologize to laleo and bow out of this thread.