GreaseSpot Cafe

The Dalai Lama......

2life

was ah.... incredibly boring. Or maybe it was just us! He was teaching in Zurich for eight days--- sold out and packed auditorium... very ecletic and International group....

Mike lasted about an hour. I lasted the first morning.

I am sure it was wonderful....... but for us it felt like the days of 'working the word' (like that Nashville thing ..Harmony of the Gospels..or PFAL 77).

This time it would have been 'working the Sutra!' My attention span is limited!!

So..... instead .. we bought a Swiss Rail Pass and wandered Switzerland..and a little bit of Germany!

The last weekend we were there--- STREET PARADE!! Hundreds of thousands of half naked, decorated TECHNO music lovers hit the city!!!

life is amazing at times................

came home ..went to Clown Camp---now THAT was fun!!!!

Janet

Janet

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The Dalai Lama shows up in Bloomington Indiana occasionally, and he was there once when I was home visiting the folks.

I didn't care to hear him, but the newspaper there had a bunch of quotes from his *speech* afterwards.

The only quote from him that I can remember is:

"A bowl is only useful if it is empty."

icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Does that mean when it is filled, it's usefulness is negated?

Needless to say -- I figured I didn't miss much. icon_cool.gif

David

I'm not sure who that guy you're talking about is. I only know of the Dealy Lama who lives in the sewers beneath Dealy Plaza in Dallas, Texas.

He's only about three feet tall and refers to himself as "The Midget". He's best known for placing random signs all over with assorted rules and signing them "The Mgt"....short for The Midget.

I'm sure you've seen some of them at one time or other...nearly everyone has.

His best quote is "A bowl is only useful if filled with chili with some cheese sprinkled on top".

No Loitering

The Mgt.

No Smoking

The Mgt.

Keep Out

The Mgt.

etc. etc. etc.

LOL! 2for, that's one of my favorite movies!

quote:
on my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness

Janet, I'm so sorry that it didn't live up to your expectations, but at least you had the wherewithall to recognize it and not let it spoil your trip. icon_smile.gif:)--> The Swiss Rail Pass sounds like the perfect decision! Would love to see some pictures from that Street Parade!!! wink2.gif;)-->

Here's my Dalai Lama quote for the day: You have a clever mind. Think of a solution. And in the meantime you can explain to me, what is an elevator.