GreaseSpot Cafe

Modern Day Phariseeism, the priesthood and TWI

Ham

I wouldn't lay this stuff at the feet of TWI alone- but I haven't even seen another group that behaves in this manner.

"They" don't like to get "messy". Nooope.

"They" would rather that you did NOT report spousal abuse, even if you have two black eyes and a broken nose.. just too "embarassing" for the poor darlins. You know, you just HAVE to forgive..

"They" don't want to get contaminated with YOU- because you have some kind of disease that there is no known cure- or one deemed "devilish"..

"They" would rather rewrite the parable about the good Samaritan. Just too messy, the way it stands. Blood and gore, you know.

They have far more important things to do- run classes, keep their noses up the current followers rear ends to see if they have a mortgage or something..

Have to make sure there are only three cubes of ice instead of four..

Besides, the "victim" brought it all on himself.

Hey, he's just playing the part of a victim, lieing there in a pool of his own blood- oughta just be able to believe, or he SHOULDA believed to begin with.. solution? Just mark and avoid the guy.

Stinking hypocrites.

I can see them standing before the Lord- "well, I managed to keep myself pretty neat. Now, where are the rewards.."

The real point though..

Anything of a legal nature- I witnessed first-hand how people were encouraged to forego any kind of legal action against those who repeatedly stole, assaulted, philandered, refused to support their own flesh and blood, just to name a few.

I saw one limb coordinator put horrendous pressure on one lady I know, to not press for past due child support payments from ex so said person could go WOW, and do the "work of the lord". Forget the idea she could barely find enough food for her kids to eat..

I saw people with cancer avoided like the plague- they MUST be possessed, after all..

I wouldn't label this as exclusive to TWI- I am sure other "superior" groups do the same crap.

Just haven't seen it anywhere else.

Honestly- they probably DROVE folks to wicca and other religions..

Yeah, it was always the pharacees, the people who hurt and stole in God`s name that fired Jesus up.

Yeah...but Jesus...I knew the word like it hadn`t been known since the first century...I spoke in tongues like a house a fire....I witnessed, I tithed.....I operated all of the principles.....my fridge top was clean, my sock drawers were neat.... my physicals in order.... I had no debt...I knew all of my scriptural retemories....for heavens sake, I was an ADVANCED class grad!!!!!!

Jesus, his gaze full of compassion and sorrow.....and sadly says...depart, for I knew you not.

Some more words of Jesus that I've yet to see exhibited in TWI much less taught. I've also yet to see this attitude and compassion exhibited by a few posters on here, but it's really not surprising when you consider that Jesus was absent in TWI.

Not only was Jesus absent in TWI, his words are in the wrong "administration" and, therefore, easily dismissed unless they further the agenda of the TWIt speaker.

Luk 10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

Luk 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Mat 23:24 [Ye] blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Belle, you hit on what I was alluding to. Here's the rest of the record..

Luke 10:

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Why is it that this record speaks as loudly to numbskulls today..

By their free will, rosie and gang have assumed the role of the modern "priests". Just pass on by, wouldn't be "godly" to get dirty or anything..

Criticize those who DO get involved..

call them "second rate causes".

I would call the accusers less than second rate.

No one from TWI would even imagine doing something like this yet most of the posters on here who are continually flamed by ignorant and cold hearted TWIts do as much if not more for people.

Who's the better person? Doesn't take much to see the difference.

Those verses also throw the TWIt teaching about who your neighbor is under the bus....the short bus they're riding on. icon_smile.gif:)--> Despite the fact that the epistles (and correct TWIt administration) says the same thing, they continue to ignore Jesus's teachings because they are in the "wrong administration."

methinks some certain posters are going to be shocked when they and the kool-aid drinkers are told, "I never knew you"

Yep. And some of them that came out of the camp- are nothing better than the stinking unemployed priests scouring the land for a piece of bread like in the days of the Judges..

They ACT like they have all the answers.

Didn't work in TWI, but I guess its the only way of life that they know.

Ptooie.

I'd rather dig ditches, or shovel out the bottom of a sewage treatment pond..

quote:
But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came WHERE HE WAS

Interesting. He didn't wait for the guy to come begging, fifty bucks in his hand to take the next class or seminar..

Maybe the Samaritan was tempted to ask the guy if he was debt free.. that HAD to be the problem..

Maybe he checked his teeth first. Can't bring "bums" to the inn..

Seems what loy termed "designer causes" met PEOPLE- where they were at.

If there ARE any useless "designer causes", I think der vey is on the top of the list.

Yep.. look good, feel good, life is so wonderful, no worries- one size fits all arrogant solution- throw all of em all out in the garbage that may stain your little illusion.

That's the legacy of the modern day priesthood of der vey.. and at least SOME of its offspring.