GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cone of Ophelia

Raf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we are going to be ok. Winds are expected to be 70 mph gusting to 85 tomorrow afternoon. The thing is those strongest winds will be out of the NNW which will be better as far as the beaches are concearned. The rain threat is the biggest problem. Could be up to 8 inches from now until tomorrow night. So we ex's are going to do good down here. We are going to do real good. wink2.gif;)-->

The eye just went east of Wilmington, NC thith the western part of the eye just going over the beaches. Wind is out of the north steady at 35 - 40 with gusts in the 50 and 60 mph range. The worst I have seen is at Wrightsville Beach with a gust to 84 mph. As of now 50,000 without power as it creeps up the coast.

I just talked to my daughter in Raliegh. (Yes, Ophelia has it out for both my daughters. 1st the one in Daytona, now in NC.) She said that right now, over there, it isn't very bad, just some of the feeder bands (she hopes the next one waits until she can pick her son up at the bus stop). The worst of the storm is forcast to hit there tomorrow. Her in-laws in Fayetteville are getting hit pretty hard right now. All schools were closed there.

My prayers are out there for all that are in the path of the hurricane.

(Only 2 1/2 more months until hurricane season is over!!)