GreaseSpot Cafe

Campbells Labels

Shellon

As the project coordinator at my daughters school, one of my service projects this year is Campbells Labels for Education.

We'd appreciate if you want to save your campbell soup labels and send them to us.

Our goal is 500,000 labels by May 1, 2006.Then we'll use the labes in exhange for great stuff for the school. For example an Exploring World Geography Video or DVD is 4,600 labels.

I meet with my first group of eight 5th graders over pizza on Sept 19 to start choosing prizes and getting the rest of our plan formulated.

These are the labels we are collecting:

http://www.labelsforeducation.com/eligibleproductsEN.aspx

Sending the lids would be too expensive, but we'd appreciate an envelope of labels now and then from any of you.

I am setting up a P.O. Box just for this years projects that I will let you know about.

Thank you in advance on behalf of a bunch of fifth graders.

wave.gif:wave:-->

That reminds me of a stow-ry:

Once upon a time I got married and went on a honeymoon trip with my new husband. We gave our house keys to our trusted friends (the ones that stood up for us in the wedding and signed the marriage license) because they were taking care of our dog and plants while we were gone for two weeks.

We came home a day earlier than we had planned and found that our house had been vandalized by our friends. There was Vaseline on the doorknobs, saran wrap across the toilet rim, all light bulbs had been loosened so they didn't light, the bathtub was full of jello (hadn't quite set ye), our waterbed was short-sheeted and filled with corn flakes, as well as the heater unplugged (late November in WI), each of our approximately 500 record albums were switched around to other album covers, cassette tapes all in other cases, even our spices were destroyed by being switched into other containers.

Our washer and dryer had been placed up in the living room and the living room furniture was down in the basement. The empty beer cans from the party they had while they did all this were placed in the dryer!

But the worst part was the removal of the labels on the canned goods. What a pain in the hiney that was for a few months...

Sure Shell - I'll be glad to send you our Campbell's labels. I used to save them for the princess' school, but they don't collect them here. Don't have any now, but will collect them as they come along.