GreaseSpot Cafe

Memorial Posted For Dorothea Wierwille

Eagle

The Way International did post a Memorial to Mrs. Dorothea Wierwille on their website under "Current News". It is a very good history and memorial. They did a very good job on it. I posted one on my site in her memory based on my personal experience with her. Please bear in mind that through this tragedy I am not promoting my site. Please also bear in mind that expressing love and support for the Wierwille family at this time is not "worship" of the Wierwilles". Today is a day to respect her memory and that is what I wanted to do. I hope the Wierwille family will seem the memorial article appropriate.

It is at:

The Woman Who Is A Spiritual Giant

God Bless Mrs. Wierwille, the Wierwille family, and all at Greasespot.

Eagle

Eagle,

Thank you for posting this.

I LOVE your sign off quote. It has been a favorite of mine since 5th grade and I used it in my senior annual as a quote that summarizes my life. It is genius..."miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before I sleep." Doesn't that just about say it for anyone ever in TWI? And for Mrs. W.

:-)

Thanks Oldies and Robes:

Robert Frost was a genius, my favorite poet of all time. I forgot about my sign off. I guess appropriate for the occasion.

I've got to go out to load trucks again. Katrina effort in full swing up here in Michigan and Northern Toledo. Weekend work. It's fun though. I committed to this prior to Mrs. Wierwille passing away. Couldn't leave the rest of the guys hanging without help on the trucks. So I didn't attend the Visitation or the Memorial this weekend. I send my regards and deepest sympathies to the Wierwille family. My feelings were posted on the website Memorial. It was all I could do at this time.

Our trucks are headed to a Florida drop off point and Biloxi, Mississippi.

I wish the best at the Memorial today for Mrs. Wierwille. I know a lot of us are unable to attend.

Of course they conveniently leave out the fact that her memorial service and visitation is this weekend is St. Mary's open to everyone.

Seems very self- righteous and cult like. The way I see it they have not changed ONE BIT. Still hardened and calloused towards their fellow man in my opinion. This seems to be is a direct snub of the entire Wierwille family and freinds.

But then again, what do you expect? In my 25 year experience this has been the case. They are faithful in carrying out their traditions.

Also not even the slightest mention of Katrina. Most every Christian or charitable group acknowledges and mentions it on their sites and reach out in some way.

Judging from thier site they do not appear to care one bit. How boring to have that "Dead Sea" constipation.

an internal cry simmers inside,

but let it out i dare not,

buried in my ocean it shall abide.

a familiar face is a memory that fades,

remembering the goose-bumps of older days

spiritually inspired escapdes

this tool, not taught how to handle

not passed through my blood,

i sit here in a shamble,

forgetting what i once was.

i do not blame

for we all sit in shame.

one day to be free

in a place for eternity

where hate is released and given to fade

rip mrs. w

quote:
September 25-October 9, 2005, the Garden of Living Waters

at The Way International will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

for those desiring to pay their respects to Mrs. Victor Paul Wierwille.

Parking will be available at the Biblical Research Center.

It is interesting twi put this on their website. Does this mean even us copouts can go and pay respects without getting arrested?

TWI under the new leadership, well, somewhat new, has begun a few reforms and I am happy to hear they are letting anyone pay their respects. I'm not sure about the arrangements made behind the scenes with the Wierwille family but this is a lot better than the previous administration. Regardless of how people feel about the Way International, this is a lot better than previous years.

quote:
Originally posted by Wayfer Not!:

quote:
September 25-October 9, 2005, the Garden of Living Waters

at The Way International will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

for those desiring to pay their respects to Mrs. Victor Paul Wierwille.

Parking will be available at the Biblical Research Center.

It is interesting twi put this on their website. Does this mean even us copouts can go and pay respects without getting arrested?

Possibly.

Me, I'm wondering how she lost her first name in their

"memorial" of "her".

ToadFriend:

You may be right about "Dotsie". I heard "Dottie". I do have a problem in my right ear hearing which is about a half to three quarters of my left ear. I barely passed a hearing test in the Army after coming back from Vietnam. Seemed normal to me. But there are those that say I miss things people say. Don't know. I heard "Dottie" all these years. I apologize for any error I have. Anybody else confirm "Dotsie" over "Dottie"? I need to know to correct the Memorial at the website.