GreaseSpot Cafe

Grease Band And Other Odds And Ends

TED Ferrell

Moony you been reading my mail or what? The only thing differnt about being in The Stete Of Confusion is being out of it.And you know something moon girl think I may have found some help and as you know good help is hard to find these days.

Quick as I know something about the work at hand you will be the first to know.I will send you a PT

Have another cup of coffee and soon all this will make some sense

Sorry if you have felt neglected but I will do better.You are a good lady and I like reading what you write.

Edited by TedFerrell

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

Well I'm up for some rockin' and I betcha so is Moon Girl. And patience is something I have so sure thing dude I can wait for ya! icon_smile.gif:)-->

You bet I'm up for some rockin'. We need something to stir this place up. I'm sure that whatever Ted has up his sleeve will definately do that. And as the girl said Ted, I can wait for ya!

Well by golly I got loged in OK my server was blocking it as spam but here I am .

Chatty and Moony you two are ganging up on me and I can tell you want to know my soon to be reveales secret.When I know you all wiill know .I'll write you all a song about it hope it's a happy tune and no singing the blues. :)

Kathy.. I sure do know you like the blues and your man Eric Clapton .Why not tell us some of your other favorite blues arists and why . It wold be a good read. And say hows Bluzeman doing these days? Now folks there is a good paid my dues blues man be it 12 or 16 bars of wailing.

Monny me worried nah! not me just shaking in my boots that's all ..I'm All Shook Up

Kathy.. I sure do know you like the blues and your man Eric Clapton .Why not tell us some of your other favorite blues arists and why . It wold be a good read. And say hows Bluzeman doing these days? Now folks there is a good paid my dues blues man be it 12 or 16 bars of wailing.

Monny me worried nah! not me just shaking in my boots that's all ..I'm All Shook Up

Gee Ted, thank you so much for the compliment. But I just have fun, that's really all.

Happy blues. Man, there are a lot of bluse tunes that make me happy. Here is one of my favorites though.

Click HERE for a real happy bluse tune!

Rick

Hey Rick now that's a good happy blues tune. Thanks for sharing .

And ny friend you are just being modest about your fine as wine playing cause I've heard you and you are darn good. .Far as having fun playing music that's what is all about.When it stops being fun then it's time to put the axe in the closet.And I don't think we are going to go that route.

Ain't that right Kathy and you keep on singing too you hear me!!! .Rick and I would be proud to be in your band.hmmm1 lets see now what would we call your band how about Kathy and The Chatty Boys Hey that will work..

Edited by TED Ferrell

Ted,

As you stated my Clapton is the man. But BB King is his man so I reckon that makes sense to me that I'd love BB. I guess though who am I presently listening to that I'm enjoying besides those two would be Stevie Ray Vaughn and Johnny Winters. A voice new to me that I plan to pick up is Koko Taylor.

And you're 100% right-on regarding Rick's playing. When he just jams and makes it up as he goes, well you know what I'm talking about Ted. So I reckon I don't have to explain. If I really stated how good I felt he was he would be embarrassed greatly I suspect. ;)

I broke his server this weekend. Well I didn't actually break it but he couldn't get it to respond as it should after I did whatever it is I do with computers. Ted, you know me and this subject, good lord! When I discovered I had somehow done something he calmly approaches it as breathing no longer remains an option for me. Then I hear hmmm, well let's just reboot you then. I inhale but don't exhale. Then he goes oh wow! And I'm like OMG I destroyed his server and am ready to kick myself seriously when he goes I knew I meant to do thus and thus. Having nothing to do with the dang server at all, like not even computer related. And then he's typing away. I just can't understand not getting all frazzled and running out into the night ready to knock over some dang cow when my computer goes whacky but he just calmly remembers he meant to do something else while waiting to see if the thing will boot up again.

So I'm thinking all is well, he ain't upset I almost broke it until he calls me tonight and after days and days of not singing that dang song he started singing that dang The Byrd song again. :blink:

As for me and a band. Well...yeah right! :P

Hey Rick, Love your song!! Thank you for posting it.

Now, about this Ohio band, I can't sing or play, but I'm great at listening. Do you think that the next time I make it to Ohio, I can hear y'all play. I'm just a simple southern girl, but I love great music when I hear it and just to be in the presence of such great musicians such as Ted, Kathy, and Rick would definately be a high point in my life. I really mean it. What do you say? Can I sit in, while you jam?

Moon Girl, you're kind to include me in such ways. But I think you've been in the Florida sun too long in regards to me young lady! :rolleyes: ;)

No Kathy. Remember, I've heard you sing too. I've included you because you should be included. You've got a real sweet voice that needs to be heard. Me on the other hand, well there always needs to be an audience and I'm it. It would be an honor to be in your midst when y'all perform.

Kathy

My goodness!! one more time I am going to tell you that you do have a great voice .You have a tender sweet easy sound that many a female singer would like to have. I have recorded you many times and because of of how you sing and deliver a song lyric makes you one of the best.To this day I stiil love to listen to ya! You know how I gave songs to you some you did not care for too much. But you gave them your best shot and that makes you a trouper So back of girl I know what I'm talking about and it's not beacuse you are my friend.You do not try to copy anyone else you sing from your heart and it comes across.So there chew on that for awile.

This brings up a subject that I hope others of you will join in on. Most popular artists be it singers or

musicians have their own unique sound.Once you hear them the next time around you will know who they

are. Many who become famous do not have the greatest voices in the world or are the finest of all

musicians. Off hand I came name a few that come to my mind.In the country field we have Willie Nelson,

Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash (that bless his heart sang off key sometimes) In the pop side of the coin .there is Rod Stewart.Mic Jagger.Neil Diamond ,Bette Midler The Beatles,Bob Dylan and yes even Elvis.I could go on and on in this field.

The jazz greats that had their own sound.Louis Armstring.Dinah Washington ,Loius Prima Al Hirt,just to name a few.

And Rick in the blues style I am sure you can add to this list so I will leave that one up to you.

A smart record producer is always on the lookout for one thing, does that artist have a sound that is llike no one else and can they get their message across The rest is icing on the cake

Moony now don't you think for one minute you are going to be a shower singer all of your life,Hey shower stalls makes for great reverb.So someday I will give a listen ( not in the shower with you but at a distance )

of course) and who knows you just might be better than you think you are.

Edited by TED Ferrell

Moony now don't you think for one minute you are going to be a shower singer all of your life,Hey shower stalls makes for great reverb.So someday I will give a listen ( not in the shower with you, but at a distance of course) and who knows you just might be better than you think you are.

But Ted, there has to be an audience. That's where I come in. Besides, you know from the old GS site, all I sing in the shower is old show tunes. (Ok, sometimes I sing in the care, but ONLY when I'm alone. :rolleyes: )

Just be patient cause later on what I believe I can share with you is gonna'rock this joint. eh! eh! eh! wouldn't you two like to know. Soon the mystery will be revealed in His due time children In His due time.

I guess it has been revealed now and if it hasn't "rocked this joint," it sure has rocked my world!!