GreaseSpot Cafe

Autumn Days !!

Cowgirl

Hi Rhino, These pics have been taken both in the US and Canada. Up where I live the colours have been coming out for about 3 wks now, the fields have all turned a beautiful golden, the woods now are all bright oranges, reds, yellows, definitely a spectular time of the year!!

Cowgirl

I love these cool Autumn days. It's 11:31 AM here and the temperature is only 82 degrees, with a high of only 91 forecast.

If this keeps up, my next electric bill might drop below $300.00.

Edited by LG

Those are some beautiful pictures, Cowgirl. Did you take any/all of them yourself?

PS: Sorry for my vain attempt at humor above. I had just paid an electric bill of over $400.00, so that was was on my mind. I'd have deleted the dumb comment, but for the editing limits.

I've lived in Texas all my life, except for a year in Pennsylvania and about a year and a half in Arizona, so I've only personally seen colors like that once, in Pennsylvania. They're sure nice, but I didn't care for the fifty-plus inches of snow that came shortly afterward, so I'll just enjoy Texas bluebonnets and other wildflowers in person in the Spring and enjoy the Autumn colors through pictures like yours.

Fifty plus inches!!!! That is really unusual. Must have been a record breaking year. Unless you were in the northwest. I think they get more snow up that way, don't they?

Between these photos and the fall foliage tour brochure that came with my vehicle registration renewal, I'm ready for the colors, although with the lack of rainfall this year, I suspect we'll likely go from green to brown. In another couple of weeks, I'll find out.

Long Gone, you must be cooling a really large house. After we got our August bill for less than half of yours, we changed the setting on the thermostat to barely tolerable rather than comfortable. What has me nervous are the predictions for the heating bills. The gas company already raised the rates by 40%, and they're warning that the increase might go as high as 70%. Hopefully, global warming will set in, at least for this winter, so we won't have to sleep in our coats.

I spent one summer in Houston, and that redefined the word "hot," until I moved to Florida. I like the beach, but there's something about the wind, and the colors, and the seasons, and the mountains that appeals to me more.

Edited by laleo

The 50+ inches is the yearly average in Erie, PA, laleo. The particular year I was there (1976-77) the total snowfall was about 80 inches. Either is way too much for me.

I do have a large house that's about 100 years old, and not at all energy-efficient. It's expensive to cool in hot Texas summers, and it's pretty expensive to heat in winter, but my highest winter gas bills are only about half my highest summer electric bills.

Hi LG !!

I'd love to take credit for all these pictures but unfortunately I can't, all I can do is sit back and take delight in them!! However all I need to do is look outside my back door and and there is a kalidescope of colours that I can enjoy. I know what you mean by snow, I live in a snowbelt area because of the great lakes effect!

I must say though I love having the variety of the four seasons with all the beauty each one brings!

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl