GreaseSpot Cafe

Prison vs. House Arrest

JustSayNO

Ok, I got your attention.

Good!

I don't post much anymore but after reading a few posts and people talking about how things have changed over the last few years in TWI. I figured I would shed some light on this from an “Innie's” point of view.

Changes or a relaxing of the leash- that is the question I pose to you.

Have there really been any significant changes to the belief system of TWI since our Personal Fitness Trainer got the boot.

Let me throw this at you if I may:

Imagine if you may being in jail.

Now imagine if you will political pressure being put on the jail to change it's ways.

Now imagine if you will the jail taking you out and placing you on House arrest with an ankle bracelet that prevents you from leaving the home.

NOW- What has changed here?

The rules have relaxed and the environment is nicer, But do not ever forget you are still a prisoner.

The same applies to TWI - they changed a few inconsequential things and they even backed off and ignored some issues, but in the last 5 yrs they have not changed one belief they have (at least that I'm aware of, and I do have some access to information) except for the adultery issue and if He hadn't been caught would that have even changed either?

They are playing to the masses to feed them what they want to hear by loosening the grip on the leash, but they still are quite the same leaders with the same mindsets that they had 5 yrs ago.

And from sitting through the Anniversary sleeping service and there mention of debt, i can almost see it now, there ever so slightly and slippery tightening of the leash in that category.

I guess I should mention the collar that they provide is a choker training collar attached to the end of that leash.

Off Topic - for those that care to ask why I am still in, let this be your answer- I have reasons, and let's leave it at that -thank you

Disclaimer- Of course this all IMHO-but remember, I'm well trained

JSN

JustSayNo...excellant post...it would be nice to see you post more often... B)

I'll respect your reasons...

It makes me wonder how many other innies can see through them like a cheap suit...Sure, with numbers dwindling, I imagine that they have loosened up on the leash a little bit. but...isn't it a little bit like trying to give a face lift to a corpse?

Groucho:

... but...isn't it a little bit like trying to give a face lift to a corpse?

ROFLMAO!!!

Too true!!!

Just Say NO!

I think you will find that most people here will not harrangue you about still being "in" and those who will, well, it's to be expected of them. :huh: :rolleyes:

I was "in" and visiting here for about five years prior to finally deciding to leave regardless of the consequences on my marriage. (My ex chose TWI over his commitment to me) I understand the need to stay "in" for various and sundry personal reasons and if you need someone to vent to over this, please feel free to contact me. :)

I got the feeling (and I think many of us have) that TWI was just biding their time and "letting" people "get away with" things just for a bit until they got "comfortable" again. Since Rosie and Donna were the primary ones making all the decisions even while Craig was the "front guy", there's no reason to expect that they would change anything. In fact, I see things getting even more "religious" and "legalistic" in an ever but slow manner, after all, Rosie's the one who had her employees signing out just to go to the bathroom.

That leopard hasn't changed her spots at all and the cover-up make-up is starting to fade. Thanks for letting us know our suspicions were right. :)

Welcome, Just Say No!

I think that is quite an apt description.. I met somebody that sported one of those ankle "thingies"-

and "they" certainly do NOT let you forget that you are under arrest..

The phone calls.. dealing with prison authorities.. dealing with the same demeaning attitudes- I observed to be the same for the individual as being in the stinking joint..

I think the only reason it is so, is because it is CHEAPER.

I think you're right.. for the motivation, follow the money, or lack thereof..

im sure you have your reason justsayNO..... that is totally understandalble........... i hope that one day (if you choose) you will be able to be an "outtie". :) im glad that you can see thru it all. i hope that there are more "innies" that can too, and will one day be able to be totally free.