GreaseSpot Cafe

A Wierwille that still stands with TWI?

GT

Anyone know which Wierwille this is?

Source: The Independent Collegian: The Debate over Death

(The site gives you one shot to see the article before requiring you to register)

"Capital punishment is a necessary albeit sometimes slowly enforced form of punishment," said Benjamin Wierwille, a first year graduate student majoring in information sciences and president of the Way Campus Fellowship.

"Murder is the willful act of killing someone else - I think that deserves death," he said.

"The punishment needs to fit the crime committed," he added.

Extended prison sentences might change some people for the better, but some offenders such as Charles Manson will never change, Wierwille said.

Interesting that the web site is a publication for The University of Toledo. Isn't there someone else we know living in Toledo?

Bob Ed Wierwille and his sister Annely Skapura are the children of Reuben Wierwille and his first wife. Bob Ed's wife, Marsha is Donna Randall's daughter. In other words, old twi royalty :unsure:

Bob Ed is a good old boy, that worked on safety for years, his wife is a school teacher that has never REEALLYYY been involved in twi in any great capacity.

radar

Wow, Radar! I NEVER heard about them. They aren't EVER mentioned so far as I know.....I wonder why?

I wonder if they are going to start being promoted and paraded around TWI since the Wierwille population in TWI has declined so dramatically.....

I think I met Bob-Ed once - back in about '78 or '79 during the Rock, at his farm. My tc, who also was a farmer, another believer, and I went to his place - which was in-sight of grounds. My tc wanted to drop by and just chat, which we did in the barn-yard. I think my tc had met him previously, either at a WIB conference, or a Rock gathering for farmers.

I remember he had this drilling rig off to the side of the barn-yard. That's about all i remember, other than he appeared to be a laid back fellow, kind of soft-spoken.

Bob Ed was one who helped VP get pfal off the ground. I think Mrs. W mentioned it in her book. He and his family are simple, nice foks. He will work for twi the rest of his life I bet. They live less than a mile from HQ, and have their own property. He was known to help people out a lot. He knows how to fix cars, and he gave his time to a lot of people to help them.