GreaseSpot Cafe

Whatever happened to Lonell and Brenda (Johnson?) from Emporia, KS

danteh1

I was wondering whatever happened to Rev. Lonell Johnson and his wife Brenda.

When I first moved to Emporia, KS. i was in thier Twig. They were a great couple with thier daughter, she must be about 30 or so by now. thier daughter was about 4 or 5 at the time.

I remember having a great time at the fellowships with coffee afterwards.

But i remember something about them having to move back to HQ to work on staff or something. The time period would have been late 1978 very early 1979 when they moved.

Does anyone know if theyt are still in or are they out?

Thanks for any information.

:wave:

"I jus said howdy to de mawnin' sun,

when I set out on my mawnin' run.

An den I looks up, an what'd I see?

Gooses in de berries, a sqawkin at me!

Hush yo mouth! You hear what I said?

'Fo I knock you all up long side de head..."

by- Rev. Lonnel Johnson

I can't remember the rest of it, but I just loved his book "Eyes And Ears Close To The Lips Of God". I am sure there are errors in my recitation by memory, as well as possible errors in the title of his book. But, I surely loved that man, and I am so blessed to see that he has gone on and received his doctorate, is "doctoring", and is still letting people know that God is still on the throne. Too cool! Thanks for your life Reverend Dr. Lonnel Johnson!

And thanks ExCath for the link!

JL

I agree with Johnny Lingo - excathedra, thanks for the link.

I knew that Rev. Johnson was very well educated and had a large knowledge of GOD's word.

Of all the felloships in Emporia that i went too, the Johnsons fellowship was by far the best of them that i went to.

I really hated when he and his wife Brenda left Emporia. I missed the great fellowship that all of the belivers that came to thier fellowship felt. They (the Johnsons) had a large living room and it seemed that it was always full of us belivers, usually from as few as 8 to about 12 or more at the largest. Lonnell and Brenda always made you feel live you were a part of thier family.

And the fellowship didn't just end with the end of twig, it would last for at least an hour after twig ended.

If Lonnell, Brenda or thier family visit GSC, GOD Bless you all. Know that i miss the good times all of us that went to your fellowship had during the times that you welcomed us into your home. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wave:

• 1 year later...

Through a delightful coincidence, I got back in touch with Lonnell a few years back. Still a professor, and part of an apostolic/prophetic church. Wonderful soul! It's a good news day! No blues, no way to lose! Anyone who wants to can send me their contact info, and I will pass it on to Lonnell

• 10 months later...

I was there...hmmm, I think it was...78 79.

My wife and I just cruised through Emporia and gazed around....(May 08).

I had a lot of good times with my fellow twigies. I'm really diaopointed in my self for not remembering names. My name is "Kevin Swan". A great big guy, dark hair with a beard. I was going with a GREAT little gal from Boise, who {whom nono who} went to Way college of Emporia. The college sure looks different but I could still find my way around...The town hadn't really changed but I had forgotten how BIG Emporia was. I didn't go to the college but was very invovled. That is also where I first looked to GOD. I have carried many Way beliefs in my life. I know my GOD better for it and am glad. I'm so sorry many of the Way leaders were... Let's say, Not acting in a way that would please GOD.

Such a wonderful time in my life...