GreaseSpot Cafe

Cooking for Guys

Pirate1974

Here's a perfect recipe for those guys who just aren't sure how to tell when poultry is cooked thoroughly, but not dried out. Give it a try.

6-7 lb. whole chicken

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing

1 cup uncooked popcorn

salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan in the oven.

Listen for popping sounds. When the chicken's a$$ blows out the oven door and flies across the room, it's done.

And my wife says I don't know how to cook.

Since we're talking about cooking, I discovered something I would never have guessed possible. One thing I've been eating lately is ricearoni with a chopped up habanero pepper (the hottest chili pepper, even hotter than jalapeno) mixed in. Just for fun I added a small onion one time only to find that the onion actually retarded the effect of the pepper.

Normally, an onion is considered abbrasive, but it played the role of fabric softener for me. I've done it that way several times now with the same result. Any LCM'll tell you onions are possessed, though.

quote:
Originally posted by johniam:

Normally, an onion is considered abbrasive, but it played the role of fabric softener for me. I've done it that way several times now with the same result.

That's sort of like how I use beer as a chaser when I'm out drinking.

Anyway, habaneros are indeed very hot, but I'm pretty sure there are hotter out there. I'm not sure what they put in the really spicy thai food but it's hotter than habanero. Also, I've had some in Mexico that look like little orange or red berries. Those things are vicious, but I have no idea what they are. You can basically break it, and drop it into a bowl of soup and it will be very spicy.

Oh, and another idea that I like with chinese food (especially the mongolian barbecue places) is to put pineapple in to be cooked, along with the hot sauce. For some reason the hot sauces that they use and the pineapple go really well together and make a delicious flavor.

Also, what is with the LCM thing? Did he really think that?