GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps--the good ones that I knew

act2

Perhaps, in time, TWI will be able to acquire more people with the heart and depth that so many of you had and when those people come and bring their abilities and talents so willingly to the ministry to lay them down at the altar of God's will, they will be cherished rather than vanquished.
You cannot put new wine in old skins.

I got that one from Jesus.

The ministry cannot die because you gave your life's blood for it and that has great worth.

The ORGANIZATION certainly CAN die.

It's a bunch of names and slogans, some buildings, some books and programs.

Christians managed just fine BEFORE them, and WITHOUT them.

They'll survive long AFTER them, too.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many (most) of the Way Corps were good, well-meaning people. Fanatics, yes. Thank God, it took that to move the ministry.

Silly me. I thought the goal was to teach everyone about GOD and JESUS CHRIST – not to teach them to worship the Bible, vee pee, craig or TWI…. No wonder I never “got it”.

People who are either totally committed or should be. But as they say, one bad apple spoils the bunch and that's what started the stain - one bad apple rotting what it touched, slowly, slowly, slowly.
And its still rotting because the bad apples have been allowed to stay in control. ;)
Like Elderly people - Old people (who have little wrong with them) don't die overnight; they lose their will to live first. That's how the Good Way Corps became the Baaaaadddd Way Corps, they lost their will to love because the legalism was stealing it from them.

Do you really think that’s why people die? Maybe that should be another thread…..

Many of my Way Corps were so great, they'd need a building on every street corner to commemorate their love and sacrifice. Sad to say, most of them walked away with hurt and disappointment and their name wiped off everything that spoke of their achievement. Its a good thing God REMEMBERS, huh?
If they were true WC and truly served because of their love for God, they would refuse a building on every street corner to commemorate their love and sacrifice. Why would someone want to continue with a group of evil doers who treat God’s pastors and ministers that way?
Anyway, this thread is HYSTERICAL and it's this heart in ministry that I remember, which is why it was so vibrant for so long - the love of God calling.

And it’s that loss of the love of GOD in TWI that has caused the demise of TWI. It continues to decline because they are still on the wrong path and worshipping the wrong god.

Alas, the ministry is on the slow road to recovery now and so many people, pressed down, beaten together and bruising over will never return but we still have Paris (or was that Rome - ha,ha).
Think maybe they would return if there was a true cleansing and true repentance and reparations made for the destruction of lives? Perhaps, but we all know that will never happen and that alone is enough proof for me that God is nowhere near the heart of TWI and never will be again.
Perhaps, in time, TWI will be able to acquire more people with the heart and depth that so many of you had and when those people come and bring their abilities and talents so willingly to the ministry to lay them down at the altar of God's will, they will be cherished rather than vanquished.

Now THAT’S HYSTERICAL!! TWI does not value anyone! Just look at what they did to Mrs. Wierwille and many other long-standing, long-supporting people in TWI when they were no longer useful. People aren’t stupid and the Internet has made it possible for them to avoid the heartache and abuse that the rest of us experience.

The ministry cannot die because you gave your life's blood for it and that has great worth. But hey, it's good that you got out before the old regime drained your last pint.

That’s a TWIt sounding statement if I ever heard one. Sorry, Thin Lizzy, I think you’ve been fed a load of crap and it was so sugar coated that you can’t even recognize it for what it is.

Acquire more people. ... Is there like, a Department of Acquistions at TWI now? Are they shopping?
People who are either totally committed or should be. But as they say, one bad apple spoils the bunch and that's what started the stain - one bad apple rotting what it touched, slowly, slowly, slowly.

Who was that? I think you're quoting from an old Osmond's song, but I'm not sure. What was that apple? I bet their face is red today!

Many of my Way Corps were so great, they'd need a building on every street corner to commemorate their love and sacrifice. Sad to say, most of them walked away with hurt and disappointment and their name wiped off everything that spoke of their achievement. Its a good thing God REMEMBERS, huh?
If we're getting buildings I definitely want to be one of your Way Corps. I'm sure I was, really. Don't listen to Belle. That's just crazy talk. Let's talk location.
But hey, it's good that you got out before the old regime drained your last pint.

The New Regime are licensed bleeders. Watch your...back.

Belle,

Healing is a tough road but sometimes if I stop picking a scab long enough, it will heal over.

Me thinketh the lady doth protest too much.

Socks,

All the people you helped and healed - their lives are better because of you. That's Park Place, Baby.

Edited by Thin Lizzy

Belle,

Healing is a tough road but sometimes if I stop picking a scab long enough, it will heal over.

Staying clear of danger and dangerous things can be difficult,

and require CONSTANT VIGILANCE.

We who forget the past may be more apt to repeat it.

And "Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird."

(Proverbs 1:17)

twi prefers we just silence ourselves, and stop warning the birds,

so they can ensnare them in their nets.

No dice.

Every day we speak out.

Every day new people seek information on twi, and read us.

Every day new people read us and steer clear of twi.

Every day people who are IN get sick and tired

of being sick and tired.

Every day sick and tired people who are IN read us.

Every day sick and tired people who are IN and read us

realize God doesn't live in twi's little cage, and consider escaping

into the sunlight.

Me thinketh the lady doth protest too much.

Even vpw might have known this expression was being incorrectly used.

Living Victoriously, session 1, he explained how the term "Protestant"

was incorrectly attributed to "protesting" something.

"pro"-forward, forth

"test"-as in "testament", "testimony".

Thus, a "protestant" "speaks forth".

(In case you're wondering, the "test" descends from the Latin word

"testari", or "third", and from thence into the term for "witness",

since a witness is a neutral third-party. A good collegiate dictionary

should tell you that-it did for me.)

You incorrectly quoted Hamlet, when the players were enacting

"the Murder of Gonzago", aka "the Mousetrap."

As the play's queen exclaims-in great detail-how she will not

remarry, ending in

"In second marriage let me be accursed!

Let none wed the second but who killed the first!"

And then CONTINUED for a time.

Hamlet watched to see if Gertrude recoqnized the comment-

it was a reference to his own father's death. Was she

complicit in her husband's death-then marrying his killer?

Hamlet then prompted her for a response.

"Madam, how like you this play?"

The innocent Gertrude didn't recognize this reference,

and said "the lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Hamlet's reply:"O, but she'll keep her word."

The current king, feeling guilty, adds

"Have you heard the 'argument'? Is there no offence in it?"

So, the meaning of Gertrude's statement was

"The lady runs on a lot, I think."

(Review the scene-I think you'll agree.)

Some people have INCORRECTLY attributed her comment

to "protesting", but that changes NOT the meaning of

the line. It's about as sensible as saying

"Wherefore art thou Romeo?" means

"Where are you, Romeo?"

when it means "Why are you 'Romeo'?"

i.e. "Why did you have to be one of those hated Montagues,

of all people?"

Like Elderly people - Old people (who have little wrong with them) don't die overnight;

they lose their will to live first.

What kinda

B (as in) B

S (as in) S

Is this crap!!!???

Meebe they *picked a scab* too long, eh???

And you're spouting about returning to twi with all our

*enthusiasim* from old????

That is a reason to lose the will to live. (imo)

Edited by dmiller

]Like Elderly people - Old people (who have little wrong with them) don't die overnight;

they lose their will to live first.[/quote

That may be the TWi take on death and dying but I don't think it holds up in real life.

Most elderly people do have health issues they didn't have in their twenties. They learn to enjoy life despite the health issues.

Now that TWIers are getting older, you are all going to be dealing with this fact of life, too. It wasn't the terrific believing that kept wafers so healthy, it was just youth. Sure, it is easy to be smug about your great health when you're twenty five!

I've lost both my parents and my mom in law. Not a one lost their will to live, all three found enjoyment in life to the end. Two died unexpectedly(one was planning a trip to Branson the week she died.)

My dad, who had a terminal illness for years, knew he had just months, or even weeks to live. He put off going into hospice as long as he could, so he could enjoy a last Christmas with the family. He didn't lose his will to live, he lost the lung capacity to do it.