GreaseSpot Cafe

Sodomy

satori001

• 2 weeks later...
But crimes like those of the pedophile priests are called "unspeakable" for a reason. They are really ugly, too ugly to be spoken of. So they are not spoken of. And each subsequent generation brings with it a new host of predators, and a new flock of unknowing, therefore unsuspecting, prey.
well they need to be spoken of.

the sexual assault of a child is often referred to as "fondling"

many priests (and others) are referred to as "sick" and they send them away (too often to return to their "illness"). what if i called them "evil monsters" eh ?

incest is often termed as a nonviolent crime

why ? many fathers, uncles (priest, fathers in the faith / spiritual incest) "raise" or "bring their victims up" -- so violence isn't necessary at all, is it ?

i was reproved here for talking about a priest.. [crude language]

i was told i was a better person than that.... something along those lines....

i was also told children were reading these forums

if there are children here.....

hi, i'm the mom of an 11 year old boy, and i would much rather speak truth about a child being sexually assaulted by people you are brought up to trust: for example, ministers, priests, camp counselors, boy scout leaders, girls scout leaders, uncles, parents, cousins, babysitters, neighbors....

and if you're old enough to read the forums, you're old enough to understand the words i used, "good touch" and "bad touch" are for little ones

Edited by DooWap

You're right excathedra. It's an important topic, and our puritanical fear of discussing sex frankly may have made our society even more vulnerable to sexual predators, so much so that molesting children has been almost institutionalized by the Catholic Church. The very fact that they have covered it up for decades (or maybe centuries) and moved the guilty from church to church is undeniable, and bears me out.

I also wonder if some of the weirdness that makes predators what they become isn't cultivated by the weirdness our society collectively feels about sex.

It's fear, mostly. And why is it there? Hey, whaddya know! The church created it, something that is also undeniable. And as grown up as we pretend to be, we are still just children in the shadow of the Vatican, and it's proclamations and prohibitions haunt us from the hidden depths of our collective childhood memories.

And what is the ultimate effect, if not the ultimate intent? It makes us vulnerable. It makes us sheep, timid, shy, uneasy, fearful, and easily manipulated.

Whatever ya do, excathedra, don't ever say the "d" word, or the "f" word, or the "c" word, or the... It might make grown men blush.

It's humiliating, to be exposed like that. Humiliation is anguish. Fear is pain. Pain makes us mean, sometimes. Hail Mary and Praise Allah!

Edited by satori001

things have always been sugar coated in my family

people have "problems" priests are "mentally ill"

it has done nothing but to further hurt the victim and make them realize the monster molester isn't so bad after all, just needs help, whatever

i've seen much of this in my growing up years with incest and i've seen the same with catholics and of course with the way ministry and veepee

it's ugly ugly ugly

well my words are ugly ugly ugly when i describe their acts, huh ?

my bad

A thread entitled "Sodomy"...started by satori...Who could resist checking it out.

Some heartfelt thoughts towards the children who are sexually abused...how truly monstrous! Thanks to excie for her admonitions towards the young...

...As far as consenting adults go...I pass no judgement on the sexual proclivities of others. Each of us is responsible for own lives and our own choices...

...sprinkling the ashes in the chile?...gotta wipe the coffee off of my screen.

:biglaugh:

Tying this whole thing together, I've often suspected that Martindale was/is a sodomite. At his advanced age,If I knew his address, I would send him some "depends".