GreaseSpot Cafe

Christmas Shopping

likeaneagle

I am almost done with my shopping........Yeah..one more gift to go...it's an easy one..2 mens sweater (large) how easy can that be.I forgot the dogs..I have 3 candy chew canes from pet smart....days of wrapping, tapping, licking and boxing are almost to the end........then I can relax..

How are you doing?..are you the last minute shopper?

Christmas shopping?? What's that? :D

Just kidding. I don't shop for, or give presents at X-mas

(is X-mas a dirty word here??).

If I am at the home place in Indiana I do, but never otherwise.

And the main reason I do back home is for my nieces, and nephews.

I'm not a scrooge, but if I'm not there to see them open the gift, I don't send one via mail.

Last time I shopped for X-mas gifts, was somewhere around 5 years ago.

With one set of parents, two sisters, and 6 nieces and nephews in attendance,

I was lucky to get the job done back then.

Am thankful that I don't have to do it every year!!!

d.... do you do christmas with the fellas ? and coworkers ?

this won't be loving enough because i can't convey it or hug you ..... i am so sorry for this christmas without your dear sister

i have no words

just wanted you to know you and your family are in my heart thought

damnitallEx -- you just brought tears to my eyes.

Yea -- Robin is still missed (hugely). I spent last Thanksgiving with the folks. It was just the three of us.

My brother was there (briefly) then had to return to Texas, and my other sister took off for northern Indiana to visit with her *significant other's* relatives instead, and Tom (Robin's husband) decided to take his family to his relatives also.

Had Robin been there then, the house would have been filled with kids, love, and laughter (along with Dad complaining about *too much activity*!!

Too many folks (staff) at the house were asking for time off around Christmas, so I opted for the Thanksgiving time that no one else had asked for to visit back home.

Yes -- you bet I will celebrate with *my guys*. Now that Tim is no longer the director there at Noumenon, for the first time in (who knows how long) the guys there will actually get a present from *Santa*.

Tim was a cheapassperson who would not fork over a dime to a starving man, much less the guys he was in charge of. Thankfully -- Desi (our new director) picked up on what each of them would like to get for Christmas, and decided that wtf --- if it comes out of our budget for the house, so be it. :) :)

Loren (for example) gets 72 dollars a month for *personal needs*. He has no other income, but has always wanted a thermos to carry coffee with him to the various events he volunteers at.

I'll give you three guesses as to what his gift from Santa is, and the first two don't count!! :lol:

Since I have no family up here, I'll take the one I have *available*.

And ya know what?? They are just as precious.

David

Edited by dmiller

D- Im sorry about the loss of your sister. I also lost my youngest sister, she was 36 and fell asleep because of a non operable brain tumor on Dec17th.needless to say our CHristmas was cabooshed with sadness and dispair for several years..we pulled it together, us older siblings because we had younger neices that still expected Santa. We still had sorrow for quit a few years....time helps..

DMiller, I'm also sorry. The holidays are never the same, but those first ones are the hardest.

Likeaeagle, I have all my presents packaged, wrapped and shipped home so that they would be there for my arrival in Mississippi. I wouldn't have the room or spare weight to take them on the airplane.

The only things I have left are two bluejean purses I'm making for my teen cousins and the 365 Day Jars I'm making for Mama, Daddy and the Grandparents.

A co-worker is making a Warhol-ish print from one of our family pictures for me to give my daddy, but he hasn't done it yet. I'm kinda hoping he comes through cause I don't have a back-up plan if he doesn't. :unsure: If I had Photoshop on one of my puters I'd attempt it myself, but I'm afraid of what it might look like since I don't know anything about that creative, artistic stuff.

I used to wait till the last minute, but this year it wasn't an option and I must say it's kinda nice to not have that stress this year.

A bad day free from TWI is better than a good day in TWI ever was!
is a nice food for thought.

Life outside of twi is better because twi was so phony (deny death, deny sickness, deny heartache).

Now, there is sadness attached in the background of happiness (a loved one no longer here to celebrate with, heartache with a friend), but our lives now are more real, and the kindness we do makes a difference to tip the scales so there is more of the kindness kind of stuff in the world.

back to gifting: klutz.com is a nice place to find stuff for hard-to-find-stuff-for family and friends on the list.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Merry Christmas.

WOO HOO!! I have an AWESOME Picture to give Daddy!

:wub: Thank you, my Greasepotted Elf!! :wub:

Kit, I passed that Klutz link on to some co-workers and they said to tell you

THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :)

(said in their very best Elvis voice)

They found some cool stuff to order.