GreaseSpot Cafe

Hush Money

I Love Bagpipes

Most of the lawsuits require that no information be shared regarding the actual settlement packages, however, I would imagine there are millions of dollars missing from the TWIt coffers these days. Hopefully its in the TENS OF MILLIONS - I wish it was in the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS, though. :P

Someone else may be able to shed a bit more light on this, though.

IF....IF....IF TWI was an honest up-standing Christian organization their followers would be privvy to this information and TWI would really make sure that said followers knew what was happening with the money they send to NK.

I'm guessing that "Soup to Nuts" statement by Rico Spaghetti doesn't include gold nuggets and paper. ;)

Would be nice if there were some believers who didn't accept the Hush Money?

Money money money money gimme money.

I suppose it WOULD have been better to take the lawsuit to full term, win the money from TWI, AND be able to go public with the results.

I assume that you're not implying that it's wrong to accept compensation for abuses suffered.

George

Would be nice if all the believers who gave money to that outfit were able to get it back. I'd much rather that money be in the hands of those who have the bravery to stand against that evil organization than in the retirement funds and lush lifestyle of those who decieve, abuse and destroy God's people.

Per OM:

Wouldn't it have served the purposes of exposing truth much much more had they went ahead with the lawsuit?

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

Yes, I think a jury trial would have served the purpose, more abundantly, of exposing counterfeit TWI.

Nevertheless, this opinion does not negate in the least the phenomenal amount of altruistic benevolence done by the public exposure of TWI which was accomplished via WayDale, which exposue ostensibly led to the development of gsc, whose posters continues to expose the thought reform, fraud, misrepresentations, deceptions, lies, & plagiarism of the TWI scam 'ministry.'

I would have to surmise that a major reason for not proceding to trial was the emotional toll that it would take on the Allens, especially Fern, in view of the inevitable quesions she would have been asked by TWI's degenerate Counsel regarding very personal and sensitive issues. The Allens could have probably increased their litigation return by 500-1000% by going to trial. Apparently the obviation of the emotional stress factor was worth the 'hit' of a lesser settlement, & the roulette of a jury trial.

However, there is litigation ongoing, Peeler vs. TWI et. al., which appears to be proceding to jury trial in approximately September 2006. While it is possble that the Peelers would settle out of court, my opinion is that it would be highly unlikely. The infrastructure of this litigation began in 08/2001, the case being filed in 06/2002, with the Peelers perservering through a series of TWI cowardly legal obstructions up to the present.

Hopefully this jury trial will publically conclude what the admirable courage of the Allen's initiated.

Thanks for the info. I feel I owe an apology to those who received settlements out of court. My thinking was not that they were wrong for settling the matter the way they did; in fact, I applaud them for speaking up.

Actually my thinking when posting was that if I entitled my inquiry "Hush Money" I'd get some folks to look at the thread so I could maybe get my question answered. I guess a better title would have been "Restoration Money", though I know that $$ cannot restore the things that took place. But it can at least help make life easier and help pay for the professional counsel, etc., needed to help heal the wounds.

Thanks again!