GreaseSpot Cafe

Eyewitnesses:twi 1986-1988...your stories?

WordWolf

HG30, thanks for the ROA youtube...really enjoyed that...I wound up checking out a few of those....uhm.... was late for work. :rolleyes:

most of the fond memories i have were the times i was just hanging out with friends....it's a shame some life-dominating cult got in the way of that.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/4/2006 at 5:03 AM, WordWolf said:

Now we're up to some easier-to-remember, and more recent times.

vpw has died, PoP has been read,

and there's the first sizeable migrations from twi.

lcm wanders in a fog.

twi loses and regains its tax-exempt status.

(The NEXT thread will address his loy-alty letter and timeframe.)

What did you see and hear in that timeframe?

Oh,

and since Schoenheit's paper condemning Adultery was 1986,

this would be a relevant topic...

I remember the Poop Coming out in 1986.  Garbage!!

On 1/4/2006 at 5:29 AM, rascal said:

Well.... at the time....many of us didn`t know that there HAD been a mass migration....it was all kept hush hush.

South America officially pulled away from the USA. I think that this was headed by Ricardo Caballiero...but am unsure.

At some point in here the newly installed bot of 5 was dissolved....Ricardo and John Townsend left.

My LC was fired by HA for sending Copies of Ricardo`s letter to the tc`s in our state.

That wasn`t so bad in and of itself....hq has the right to fire anyone they want to.....but these folks had served the ministry for YEARS ....and deserved a little better than being screamed at and dismissed. The sneaky thing is that HA then LIED about why our lc`s left.....acted like it was all planned and that the lc`s had decided to resign and move....Not a real BIG lie since the lc`s HAD planned on doing so at the end of the year anyway.....but never the less....it was the first time I had seen an out and out blatant falsehood from one if the hq leaders...It was very disquieting knowing that one as highly placed as ha was dishonset :(

Craig was crazy of course....he came to Emporia mid week one time..... and issued a last miniute invitation to the state to come for an informal mid day gathering....many couldn`t attend as we all had jobs and most had kids in school....

Well there was one creepy little guy from our town that attended and boasted to the great lcm that he PERSONALLY was the only one in our area standing with the ministry or doing anything for God.....now mind you there are people with 20 years of faithfull service to twi...many of us with a decade and more....you would think that this would rate a phone call to the lc to check out the nut`s veracity.....but oh heck no...craig just sees red and calls all of the tc`s and tells em that they are no longer associated with the way and must cease running fellowships immediatly.

It was very eye opening to see how spiritually inept that the president of our ministry was....Really scarey...it dawned on us that if he had had ANY discernment abilities or even half a brain...he would have surely seen what a conniving bu tt kissing little weazle that this guy was....this creep was the type that gave most people the creepy crawlies anyway.....but hey so as long as he stroked craigs fragile ego.....snort

I guess that would be an indicator of some of the crazy behavior that he exhibited post pop....booting out faithfull people on a whim.....

Everything else was kept hush hush on the field...we were given to understand that the problems were being addressed at hq and we were to continue in prayer and believing to support the ministry....most of us did so.

Rascal, you are so right!  So many things that went on in Way World were kept hidden from most of us.  If we had known all the sheet that had happened, most if us were have left much early than we did.